Talk

Advanced search

Oven cleaning

(4 Posts)
purplewhale Wed 21-Oct-15 18:48:56

DH has volunteered to clean our oven. It stinks every time it's on. It's only 2 years old but we were meant to have had a new kitchen by now so I've not kept up to it

We have a small baby so I dint want nasty chemicals in the house. What's the recommendation these days? It's a single fan oven with a grill if that helps.

Thanks smile

NickNackNooToYou Wed 21-Oct-15 22:45:42

Personally I'd use a professional, just google oven cleaners and loads pop up. I had my single oven cleaned for £45, best money I've ever spent it's cleaner this it was when it was new! This is now going to be my annual 'treat' to myself yes I need a life

rabbit123 Thu 22-Oct-15 14:53:03

I've had Ovenu round to do ours. They use non-caustic, eco friendly products and it looks like new when they're done with it. Oven, grill, hob and microwave was £75.

MadauntofA Thu 22-Oct-15 15:51:00

If you want to do it yourself, scrub with a bicarbonate paste, peel a lemon and bake the peel on a low setting for a couple of hours with an ovenproof bowl of 1inch water + squeezed lemon juice in it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now