Talk

Advanced search

Fabric softener drains away

(11 Posts)
GiraffesCanDance1 Wed 21-Oct-15 11:19:30

When I put fabric softener in the washing machine drawer it drains away immediately. I've noticed my clothes aren't very soft, especially when I use a long wash programme.

I have two Bosch machines and they both do this, is this right?

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:02:59

can you photograph the drawer and the fabsoft compartment? It should not do that. the fabsoft compartment is made with a syphon, so unless it is leaking, it should not come out unless you overfill it. When the level rises above the syphon, it will all be sucked out.

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:32:41

Having thought about it, I bet you are overfilling the compartment.

Nottalotta Wed 21-Oct-15 13:38:35

Mine does this. I thought it was normal! Its the small middle compartment isn't it? or have i been doing it wrong all my life?!

Fizrim Wed 21-Oct-15 13:42:58

It shouldn't drain away, no. Is the syphon clean? If it's the same as my Bosch it's the bit under the blue piece of plastic - if you are not overfilling the compartment, pull the blue bit off (take the drawer out) and clean the pipe it slots over.

GiraffesCanDance1 Wed 21-Oct-15 13:47:40

Thanks! I've inspected the drawer and it has a crack in it, so I'll need to replace...

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:53:43

spare parts

www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service.html

online orders are quick.

there are also spares direct and other sources

Nottalotta Wed 21-Oct-15 13:54:21

Mine is a Bosch. It has 3 compartments. A larger one left and right, small in the middle. I put powder in the left and conditioner in the middle. Never used the right
.......can't find the instructions!

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 13:58:34

the right one is for prewash powder.

you can download the instructions from that link I posted.

Nottalotta Wed 21-Oct-15 15:51:28

Thanks, I am sure its the right place for conditioner but it has always drained away since it was new, and so has every other machine I've ever used!

PigletJohn Wed 21-Oct-15 16:04:49

test it with water (pour it from a teapot spout)

half fill it. Does it empty away?

fill it to the "max" mark. Does it empty away?

fill it to the brim. Does it empty away?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now