Talk

Advanced search

Lakeland heated airer

(32 Posts)
HellKitty Sun 11-Oct-15 19:21:27

GET IT DELIVERED IF YOU HAVE A NORMAL SIZED CAR!

It's massive. We have a big car and had to put two back seats down leaving me and two DCs walking around the shopping centre while DP took the bloody thing home.

They're selling like hot cakes at the moment too so I wouldn't wait too long.

ShowOfHands Sun 11-Oct-15 19:23:39

grin

We bought an Aldi one a couple of years ago and it's bloody brilliant. I wonder if they'll have them again this year. Mine was only £12.99 and worth its weight in gold over the last couple of winters. I've already had it out a few times in the last couple of weeks.

HellKitty Sun 11-Oct-15 19:41:45

That's an amazing price! I always miss the good bargains there. It always seems to be wetsuits confused

Missingsleepandthecat Sun 11-Oct-15 20:48:17

Sounds a bit like when we brought one home haha
bloody massive but worth it! :D

MadauntofA Wed 14-Oct-15 21:04:28

Aldi are selling their heated airer from this Sunday but is £29.99 and looks much smaller than the Lakeland one

Http Thu 15-Oct-15 08:01:38

What am I missing with these airers? Isnt it just easier to just put everything in the dryer?

goodasitgets Sat 17-Oct-15 04:07:35

Not if you don't have a dryer! And not allowed to dry in the garden

NerrSnerr Sat 17-Oct-15 04:12:58

Http- not everyone has a dryer! I love our airer. Expensive but worth it.

Http Sat 17-Oct-15 08:04:07

Of course. Thought it would replace a dryer!

isitthattimealreadyisit Sat 17-Oct-15 08:30:34

silly question, but what is the difference with drying on radiator (which I don't do): isn't condensation just as bad for your house, or am I missing a trick?

wowfudge Sat 17-Oct-15 08:44:02

The Aldi one looks about the same size as the Lakeland one to me, although I can't find its dimensions. Comes with a 3 yr guarantee. Lakeland have lots of different ones. You can stick a sheet over them to speed up drying.

TheMightyMing Sat 17-Oct-15 08:48:47

I have had the Lakeland one for three years , it's been a life saver. I bought a special cover for it recently and it dries really quickly. But I might go and get an Aldi one as well.

kelper Sat 17-Oct-15 08:50:42

I'm seriously debating one of these.... Shall follow this thread with interest, and maybe get down to Aldi ;)

Brindler Sat 17-Oct-15 09:45:11

Also considering one of these. Love the price of the Aldi one but would prefer a more upright style. We don't have a tumble dryer either. Do they use a ridiculous amount of electricity to run?

SnozzberryPie Sat 17-Oct-15 09:57:33

I love ours. We have no tumble dryer (and nowhere to put one), and a north facing garden. I don't know what we'd do without it now.

It isn't as hot as a radiator (and uses less power) so you can have it on in summer and leave it on all day when you're out and don't want the heating on.

I do leave the window open a crack when it's on because of condensation.

Dontbesilly Sun 18-Oct-15 20:52:18

I absolutely love mine. I got the two tier model and it's plenty big enough for us. I put it next to our dehumidifier and the clothes dry in next to no time. I put a sheet over it and layer it up well with the damp clothes. It keeps the room nice and warm too.

PippaFawcett Sat 24-Oct-15 00:19:56

What does everyone do with their towels? Ours are too big to hang on our heated airer and they are driving me mad being damp all the time now.

SnozzberryPie Sat 24-Oct-15 07:38:03

Just drape them over the top, it makes the underneath stuff dry faster too

PippaFawcett Sat 24-Oct-15 20:04:13

But I could only do one at a time that way and I normally wash a few each load. Tis a conundrum that I don't think I can solve.

Hepzibar Sat 24-Oct-15 21:59:16

I absolutely love mine. It's a 3 tier. Would not be without one.

Drape towels and sheets over the top, it keeps the heat in and the clothes dry quicker.

Would (and have) recommended it.

TheVeryThing Sun 25-Oct-15 07:38:13

I got the aldi one and it has dire warnings about covering with large items and preventing the air from circulating. Does the Lakeland one say the same, and have you all been ignoring them?

ceeveebee Sun 25-Oct-15 07:44:02

Lakeland actually sell a cover for their dryer, so must be OK to drape with sheets and towels
www.lakeland.co.uk/24671/Dry%3ASoon-3-Tier-Heated-Airer-Cover

Am about to buy a dryer as just moved house and there is no tumble dryer or anywhere to dry outside (communal garden, rented) and with 3 yo twins not yet fully potty trained i do a lot of washing!

LavenderDoll Sun 25-Oct-15 08:43:54

Has anyone had a jml dry buddy? Have been offered one from a friend who has now got a tumble dryer and have never heard of them before?

purplewhale Sun 25-Oct-15 08:59:45

Aldi have got one this week for £29.99

Dontbesilly Sun 25-Oct-15 10:49:57

Lavender - I have the dry buddy too blush. It's good. You hang your garments on hangers on the arms of the dry buddy, cover it up and switch it on. The clothes dry faster than on the heated airer and about the same as in the tumble dryer. Its not really designed for large items like double size duvets, although you might be able to dry towels if you can somehow get them on a hanger and possibly peg them to stop them falling down.

It can fold up and be stored away in a rectangular shape washing basket. When used, it takes up about the same space as the heated airer. The room it's being used in is nice and warm too and smells of the washing powder/conditioner. I do leave the window open slightly too incase of condensation and damp etc although I have not experienced any condensation on the windows when I use it. Then again I have a dehumidifier too.

There are five of us who seem to generate washing mountains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now