Talk

Advanced search

Dyson

(12 Posts)
Fablife Tue 06-Oct-15 08:07:21

Looking at buying a cordless Dyson, either the Fluffy or the Absolute. Can't work out whether the fluffy is good on carpet or whether it's really just for hard floors. I have hard floors downstairs and carpets upstairs. Any experience with either of these models?

sparechange Tue 06-Oct-15 08:09:45

Oooh, I'm really interested in the responses here, especially if the hard floors are covered in dog hair!
I bought one from eBay a couple of years ago but it is like an asthmatic hamster so I don't even bother charging it any more.

Fablife Tue 06-Oct-15 08:26:46

Which model is yours?

sparechange Tue 06-Oct-15 10:42:39

It's a Dyson dc31 Animal, but I think it needs a new battery or something?
I like the look of the ones with the long attachments as well, because this is just a 'dust buster' one that you have to kneel down to use on floors

blodynmawr Tue 06-Oct-15 19:09:52

I have a DC35 which I bought from Tesco a few months ago as they were on offer (it is an older model and they clearly wanted to get rid of stock) plus I wanted to use Clubcard points.
I am very happy with it - clean entire house etc - but for the extra £100 or so I wish I had one for the V6, for the extra suction.
HTH smile

rageagainsttheBIL Fri 09-Oct-15 15:21:54

I've got the Dyson Fluffy, it's a lot more powerful than my old cordless Dyson and is brilliant on hard floors. I love it and almost never get the big vacuum out.

It does pick up bits from carpets and rugs too but isn't quite as effective and can drag slightly... We actually now have the older model for upstairs and the fluffy for downstairs blush

Actually thinking about it the fluffy is as effective as the older one on carpet IMO.

The only downside is that the fluffy attachment is a few inches high to accommodate the big brush so I switch to a different attachment to get under sofa and our admittedly weirdly fitted kitchen cabinets.

MrsExcited Fri 09-Oct-15 15:47:29

I have the absolute, very happy with it both on hard floors and carpet.

Would reconmend

sparechange Fri 09-Oct-15 16:28:36

Is anyone else getting ads for Dyson on the page when they open this thread? grin

Ohbollockstothem Sat 10-Oct-15 13:15:41

Ooooh came on here to ask about the fluffy , is it really worth the money ? on offer at John Lewis and Argos for £315
I need it mostly for carpet

rageagainsttheBIL Sat 10-Oct-15 20:30:31

For mostly carpet the absolute is a better bet Ohbollocks

sparechange Sat 10-Oct-15 22:42:50

So I bought a new battery for my (eBay) dyson dc31 animal and WOW it is good. I've used it with tha animal brush tool over previously dyson'd stairs and bedroom floors, and it fills up the cylinder.
I'm so happy I gave it another chance, and am really impressed.
The units are currently going for under £50 on eBay, but may well need a new battery (£20 on eBay or Amazon) but on my experience is worth a shot.

littlem133 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:28:21

I appreciate this is an old post Fablife but can I ask what you went for in the end? I'm choosing between the fluffy and the absolute too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now