Talk

Advanced search

How do I go about finding a cleaner?

(9 Posts)
JellyCurls Mon 28-Sep-15 14:34:25

We are drowning in an uncleaned house and can see no way out. Both DH and I work and we have 3 kids, one with SN so there are very few spare hours in the day.

So to stop my poor bathroom packing up and leaving I think we need a cleaner. Where do I start looking? Nobody I know has a cleaner so I can't get a local recommendation. Also how much does a cleaner cost for a couple of hour a week?

acazc Mon 28-Sep-15 14:38:18

I wholeheartedly recommend it. We pay £9 an hour and have two hours per week. I found mine through posting on my town's Facebook page. Good luck!

HeadDreamer Mon 28-Sep-15 14:43:00

Price must depend on location isn't it? Mine is £12.50 an hour.

acazc Mon 28-Sep-15 20:14:33

Yes - I'm in North Bucks.

biscuitkumquat Mon 28-Sep-15 20:20:25

If you & DH both work, and your happy with the cleaning at your workplace, could you find out who does the cleaning & ask them if they do domestic cleaning?

thenewbroom Tue 29-Sep-15 21:18:36

Ad in newsagent. Gumtree. Ask about.

Fionacake26 Wed 30-Sep-15 11:06:32

I would recommend Cleaning Time. They have an offer at the moment, every 4th clean is free of charge. I had lots of other cleaners before them and they are the best. I leave in Glasgow.

Fionacake26 Wed 30-Sep-15 11:08:36

Forgot to say. ..the website for the company is www.cleaningtimeglasgow.co.uk

JellyCurls Wed 30-Sep-15 20:59:41

Thanks folks. Been having a look about now and I am now fully on the case.

Cleaners at my work are hopeless and work is dirtier than my house I think so won't be asking them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now