Talk

Advanced search

Is Henry the best hoover and if not, what is?

(38 Posts)
TheCountessofFitzdotterel Wed 16-Sep-15 13:12:02

Would like something big and powerful. Storage space not a problem.
Thanks.

VicklePickle Wed 16-Sep-15 15:17:23

I've got a VAX and its great. Light weight and very powerful. A cheaper version of a dyson really.

rabbit123 Wed 16-Sep-15 22:26:24

Henry are great vacs - very relisbke and strong suction, but they're not so great if you have lots of carpet. The suction is so strong, it tends to stick to the floor too much. Brilliant for hard floors and cleaning the car etc.

If you have both carpet and hard floor, I would recommend the Henry Xtra. It costs a little bit more but comes with a turbo brush for carpets which makes it much easier to use and better pick up.

bonzo77 Wed 16-Sep-15 22:30:30

I love Henry. His cheeky little face.

Yes. Henry is brilliant and you can change the power. If the carpets are well fitted his suction won't be a problem and he's easy enough to use.

He also smiles at you!

BrandNewAndImproved Wed 16-Sep-15 22:34:52

Henry is the best! I had mine second hand off my grandparents 11 years ago and it's still going strong.

chicaguapa Wed 16-Sep-15 22:34:56

My Henry must be faulty as I think it's rubbish. confused We also have a Sebo Felix and it's way better than the Henry. Definitely picks up more than the Henry, even on the suction boost setting.

rabbit123 Wed 16-Sep-15 22:48:41

We also have both a Sebo & a Henry. Our Sebo is 20 odd years old and still going strong. Henry lives in the garage for messy jobs and for cleaning the cars.

The Sebo is better on the carpets but I think uprights are generally better for carpet anyway as the brushes do most of the work. That's why I suggested the Henry Xtra as the Turbo brush gives you the extra cleaning on carpers

MuttonDressedAsGoose Wed 16-Sep-15 22:54:49

Henry is great on hard floors and the sort of flat carpets in schools and offices. They are rubbish on deep pile. However, uprights struggle on hard floors.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 16-Sep-15 23:01:04

I love my Henry but I've broken the body and the crack lets suction through. Can I find a bloody replacement? I've tried eBay and Amazon but no joy.

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Wed 16-Sep-15 23:42:02

I'm enjoying my new cordless Gtech.
£200 but still a lot cheaper than the cordless dyson.

overthemill Wed 16-Sep-15 23:44:42

I have a Henry and I hate it! You have to drag the bloody thing tugging and pulling to get it to move, yanking on the arm thingy constantly. I hate it! Wish I had got an upright - I love pushing those around but for some reason I believed MN who said Henry was the best

travertine Wed 16-Sep-15 23:46:37

Sebo, best ever. Can't afford one, only use them at work.

SamSays Wed 16-Sep-15 23:47:40

Its the best. Prior to it machines lasted a couple of years tops. Henry is brilliant, easy to move, just roll it along the floor. Would not change it for anything. Henry and a steam cleaner are all you need.

LadyB49 Wed 16-Sep-15 23:48:55

I love my Dyson Animal rechargeable.... So easy

overthemill Wed 16-Sep-15 23:49:07

Samsays - I find it really heavy and very very hard to pull along behind me. Complete opposite to you

evelynj Wed 16-Sep-15 23:52:15

On a previous thread it was a hot contest between Gtech & sebo with someone's maid even getting a broken sebo mended herself as she was so upset! I need a new vac but soo indecisive & just spent £70 on a wool duvet for dd.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 17-Sep-15 09:38:02

Thanks everyone. I have a lot of stone floors but also a lot of carpet so I'm not really sure. Will look into the Henry Xtra.

rabbit123 Thu 17-Sep-15 10:39:49

Henry Xtra will be great for different floors as you can use the suction only nozzle on the stone floors and the switch to the turbo brush for carpets, so you've got the best of both worlds.

HawkEyeTheNoo Thu 17-Sep-15 10:46:47

I have a Kirby, I actually truly truly love it! I've got tiled floors, oak, laminate and carpet and very long hair so moult like a dog and I adore my Hoover! and need to get out more

Most cleaners use Henry, so that's a good pointer!

SpendSpendSpend Thu 17-Sep-15 10:51:14

Miele hoovers are very good

ChristineDePisan Thu 17-Sep-15 10:51:31

Most builders also use Henry, another good pointer!

TwmSionCati Thu 17-Sep-15 10:52:43

the Miele makes Henry look like a wimp
www.miele.co.uk/domestic/vacuum-cleaners-1776.htm

slipperyeel Thu 17-Sep-15 11:01:19

Miele is definitely the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now