Circotherm Oven and Cooking

(8 Posts)
kah22 Mon 07-Sep-15 08:02:29

My new kitchen is all but completed. Over this past number of days I've been reading about my oven, a Neff neff u15m52n3gb, it talks though about Circotherm cooking system and truly that has me confused.

Is this 'Circotherm' heating system exclusive to Neff, and if so what's the learning curve like when switching over from a conventional fan assisted?

I'll give you two examples. I would normally bake a 500 gram white loaf in my old oven at 200 C for about 30 minutes. An average size chicken 90 minutes at 200 degrees. My oven is really old and these temperatures mightn't be exactly correct but I hope you get my meaning.

How would you alter the above times temperature if Circotherm cooking?

I have searched the net and I can't seem to come across Circotherm recipes. If I had a selection of recipes then I could work out what to do with my normal recipes.

Do you use a Circotherm oven. Any tips, any advice any recipes? They really would be appreciated

Kevin

wowfudge Mon 07-Sep-15 08:11:39

I've just done a quick bit of Internet research - seems it's unique to Neff and a lot of people don't find it very successful.

NoonAim Mon 07-Sep-15 08:16:08

I have a neff circotherm oven and have been using it for 7 years now.

In my experience it's just the same as any fan oven but I don't reduce the temperature as you would with a regular fan one.

Eg, if a recipe states 200 deg, 180 fan, I'll cook at 200 deg.

Timings are pretty much the same, but the circotherm heats up as quickly as a fan oven so no need to preheat.

I got a recipe book and full instructions with my oven.

kah22 Mon 07-Sep-15 12:30:23

Like yourself WosFudge it just occurred to me that Circotherm is a Neff term. However, I wonder if there is a more general term that other manufacturers and recipe writers are using?

NoonAim I also got a recipe book but I'm trying to find out how others have tweeted their favourite recipes

EarSlaps Mon 07-Sep-15 21:05:56

Yes, agree that you use the normal oven temp rather than the fan one (or somewhere in between).

Gabbywood Wed 16-Mar-16 18:45:45

Hi..
New user of a 2015 Neff oven, with 40 years' cooking experience and not getting on with it at all.

Any advice on roasting veg for example - not in the hand book - shelf and temperature? Cooking skills once renowned are now diminished!

Gabbs

bren1951 Fri 11-Nov-16 20:17:20

I"m also new to circo therm cooking. Got my new all singing all dancing Neff double oven in June 2016. I"m finding it quite difficult to adjust to this. My booklet tells me very little regarding temperature settings and which shelf to use. I have found though it seems to cook similar to my last fan oven if I set it on normal 200c rather than the usual 180c for fan.

54prasadi65 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:15:31

I've had my Neff circotherm about 5 years and still struggle with it. I had previously read on a forum to cook at the normal temperature and not the fan one, and when I do that for certain things it seems to cook better. Sometimes I cook things in the middle rather than bottom as they suggest. It's a constant learning curve and I'd never buy one again. I can never be sure how things will turn out for visitors, especially roast potatoes. Making a Victoria sponge, however, I do stick to bottom shelf, 170 for 25 minutes - based on 6oz,6oz, 6oz weight (flour, sugar, butter and 3 eggs). I do like the other settings on it - circo intensive, circo roasting and have become brave enough to experiment with those even if not in the recipe. I'm doing a lasagne tonight and still not sure which shelf I'll choose. Very confusing oven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now