Talk

Advanced search

Guilt over getting rid of soft toys!

(5 Posts)
moopymoodle Tue 25-Aug-15 17:54:27

My children have masses of soft toys and they really get in the way making beds and changing the bedding.

I've tried a teddy hanger, the loft and charity shop. They always end up with more! So my question is, do you regularly cull the soft toy collection and do you feel bad for it?

I'm considering sorting through again, obviously I will keep the much loved ones but even ones they don't bother with if they know it's missing they get upset argh.

Ginxed Tue 25-Aug-15 21:17:10

We have the same problem and yes I cull them regularly. I pick the ones I know they won't miss, then show them the ones I've selected. There might be a bit of bargaining but generally they agree to let them go to the charity shop.

Of course I am a complete soft touch, so still continue to buy them despite this grin

poocatcherchampion Tue 25-Aug-15 21:18:13

I only have littlies but I am trying to keep it down. A few have gone already - ones I didn't like smile - and we haven't received many yet.

I would def cull though

NarcyCow Thu 03-Sep-15 11:54:00

I cull fairly regularly. Never favourites obviously. The discarded ones go to the charity shop if they're in good shape, or the local dog rescue, so someone's getting good use out of them!

PigletJohn Thu 03-Sep-15 15:52:28

I used to put them on freegle, but always after putting them through a delicate wash and a hot tumble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now