Such thing as bad quality Egyptian towels?

(5 Posts)
cakedup Wed 19-Aug-15 00:46:39

Just seen this offer on Groupon and wondering if it really is an amazing deal or if it's possible to get shit Egyptian cotton?

Don't like the design of them but would be willing to ignore that for the sake of soft fluffy towels that don't go hard in the wash.

wowfudge Wed 19-Aug-15 23:06:39

I can't comment on the quality of these,but I'd want to feel the towels before I bought them or at least read a good number of reviews.

Todayisnottheday Wed 19-Aug-15 23:23:31

I got some from Groupon (not those) they were crap. Really thin. Tbf, they have actually washed up much better than they first appeared but I wouldn't rate them above a supermarket brand for example.

cakedup Thu 20-Aug-15 22:59:26

Thanks, I think you get what you pay for when it comes to towels don't you.

My friend bought a memory foam mattress off one of the voucher websites and it was really uncomfortable.

Todayisnottheday Sat 22-Aug-15 23:50:08

I think genuine bargains are rarely found on these kind of sites. Even places like eBay are difficult to get a bargain now. I tend to watch stores for sales and discounts now simply so I can be sure the product and the price match my expectations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now