Do you love your steam mop?

(16 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Sun 16-Aug-15 19:00:17

I am tempted by the cheap aldi one.

Is a steam mop a great idea for a kitchen and 3 bathrooms that all have lino?

Or is it not really worth it? confused

I don't wash the floors as often as I should as it takes ages and the dcs inevitably step on it while it's still slippy/ damp. hmm
Would a steam mop be quicker than a regular one?

bellybuttonfluffy Sun 16-Aug-15 19:39:30

I bought one thinking I would use it constantly, but I prefer my mop. I like the smell of cleaning products, which you don't get with a steam mop. But set up time is about the same, storage is about the same as a mop too, I feel it dries slightly quicker with a steam mop, but only slightly. I have the X5 which you can take apart and use for handheld too.

DurhamDurham Sun 16-Aug-15 19:41:20

I loved mine for a few on the, my husband still likes it but I've returned to my trusty old mop and bucket which delivers a much better clean and shine smile

TweeBee Sun 16-Aug-15 19:47:43

I love mine, so handy to have the floor almost dry as soon as you finish. I haven't done it but have heard that you can add scented oils to the water for a nice smell.

Smokeyrobinson Sat 22-Aug-15 09:19:27

Like Bellybutton I like to smell cleaning products. Abandoned mine and went back to mop and bucket.

Sheezus Sat 22-Aug-15 09:43:39

Waste of money.
I went back to mop and bucket too.
I might get the steam mop out for a quick rub if I knew someone was calling and wanted the floor dry quickly.
It definitely doesn't give a shiny clean floor look though.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 22-Aug-15 10:04:01

I love mine, the whole house is tiled (we live abroad) and it gets used frequently. Mine also morphs into a handheld and I use it for the worktops, sink, basins, shower tray etc

Sidge Sat 22-Aug-15 10:32:18

I love mine. So quick and easy and dries instantly. I also have rheumatoid arthritis so it's a lot easier on my wrists than a traditional mop.

Keeptrudging Sat 22-Aug-15 10:38:42

Love mine too. We've got slate floors and a dog, it's quick and dries almost instantly. I got lots of spare pads so they go straight in the washing machine every time.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 22-Aug-15 10:47:45

I love mine, it gets rid of the sticky bits and dog hair that an ordinary mop can't tackle.

olbas Sat 22-Aug-15 10:53:34

Love mine and use a bit of Zorflora in it for the nice smell.

MadGrumblyGnome Sat 22-Aug-15 11:06:51

OP I was wondering exactly the same question, even youtubed steam mop infomercials this morning grinconfused

I like the shine you get with a mop and bucket but just fancy a gadget with steam and stuff that could do it quicker.

Sorry, I'm no help am I!

RavioliOnToast Sat 22-Aug-15 11:08:41

I'm also another that's gone back to the good ol' mop and bucket!

Jb291 Sun 23-Aug-15 10:45:27

Love my steam cleaner. Works an absolute treat to get my floors really really clean. I add in a capful of zoflora for the nice smell and for disinfection. Pads are very low maintenance and can just be chucked into washing machine then hung out to dry. It also functions as a handheld which I can do tiles / windows / fabric / mattresses with.

RapidlyOscillating Sun 23-Aug-15 10:58:59

For that much lino it will be a god send, I loved mine when we had loads of vinyl flooring. I swear you can rub a baby wipe on the floor after stemmopping and it will remain completely clean. I have a really basic Vax one (the Morphy Richrads 7/9-in-1 model that has a big thread on here is crap as a mop in my opinion).

CremeEggThief Sun 23-Aug-15 20:15:07

I think they're fine if you're the quick mop once a day kind, but not 85 you leave your floors for a week or two or three between mops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now