Talk

Advanced search

Sad but am so pleased with my washing line

(11 Posts)
HolidayHeidi Sun 16-Aug-15 18:55:12

Our ancient rusting line inherited with the house was binned this week and I bought an amazing new line which holds 2 loads from my 8kg machine. So impressed I just needed to tell someone! It Came with a cover and pegs and a peg bagsmile.

RedCrayons Sun 16-Aug-15 18:57:14

2 loads envy. You're living the dream!

aNoteToFollowSo Sun 16-Aug-15 18:58:47

Share please. What kind of line ? (yes I need to get out more. But I also need to know about Heidi's fab new line)

RandomMess Sun 16-Aug-15 18:59:55

I now live somewhere with lines rather than a rotary, can't decide which I prefer but I have realised that I need to buy thicker lines so that the pegs grip even tighter as we live at the top of the hill and it's often breezy!

I celebrated my new rotary at previous house and sold it to the new people as it was an unusual size and only a few months old grin

HolidayHeidi Sun 16-Aug-15 20:49:25

It's a 4 arm whirling line. It has height adjustments at top and bottom. Mostly I'm impressed that I did 2 loads and pegged on every other line on each side and there was still space.
It was this one:
http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/8502548.htm

WeAllHaveWings Sun 16-Aug-15 21:14:15

Me too!!! Got a new rotary dryer a few weeks ago but only started really using this week (Scottish summer sad). Mine is not height adjustable, but very tall and I can walk under it easily. Got matching cover and peg bag too!

Get a couple of these for socks and smalls and your drying pleasure will be complete - smalls dryer grin

If you told a young me I'd ever get excited about a new washing line I would have cried buckets.

HolidayHeidi Sun 16-Aug-15 21:39:29

I won't be needing one of those I've got too much extra space on my line. I agree I never would think I'd turn into this sad old woman who gets excited by domestic equipmentsmile

RandomMess Sun 16-Aug-15 21:47:43

Reminds me of when the workmen I had around were getting excited about my Miele vacuum cleaner...

Minicaters Sun 16-Aug-15 23:17:05

Congrats! After a year with no line I was embarrassingly overjoyed with getting ours recently.

Pancakeflipper Sun 16-Aug-15 23:24:59

I got a new whirly washing line last year. I also love mine.

I don't see it as much now as I make my DS hang out the washing and collect it in. But I still love it.

LovesYoungDream Sun 16-Aug-15 23:33:02

I'm glad it's not just me that got excited over laundry this week smile
I got a shiny new washing machine the old one flooded the kitchen.
<Joins the "sad" gang> grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now