Talk

Advanced search

Grey/over washed bras

(10 Posts)
AnneOfSleeves Sat 15-Aug-15 13:02:32

Bought some bras (Bravissimo, so not cheapy) in late May. Two of the white ones have gone a bit grey/over washed. They're perfectly usable/wearable bras, not stretched etc.

Is there any way to whiten them up?(not sure about using bleach as it may damage the elastic fibres?)

I can still wear them, but if you catch a glimpse under clothes they look grubby, and they're not!

Aquamarine70 Sat 15-Aug-15 17:16:01

Try soaking in Napisan or if you can still buy it Biotex. ( I am not in the UK anymore so I don't know if that's still available)

westcountrywoman Sat 15-Aug-15 17:22:02

Yes, a soak in Napisan should help. Don't soak longer or use more powder than recommended though, or else they'll go a bit yellow.

For future reference, only wash whites with other whites. Not even whites with a coloured pattern or trim, just 100% pure whites.

rabbit123 Sat 15-Aug-15 17:24:58

bio powder and hot washes are also really good for keeping whites white.
Try a soak in some oxy clean and then a wash in the machine on 60 with bio powder.

CMOTDibbler Sat 15-Aug-15 17:28:01

Dylon lingerie whitener work wonders. Absolutely reeks, and that smell lasts a while, but does do a great job.

AnneOfSleeves Sat 15-Aug-15 18:14:31

Thanks everyone.

I do a "light" wash - maybe I need to start doing whites. Pure laziness, I already wash at least once (if not twice) daily - was just trying to cut down on washes!

Will try those suggestions, the lingerie whitener sounds good.

Qwebec Sun 16-Aug-15 02:28:20

I gave up on white and buy nude bras now. Hand washing works well to whiten, but is such a pain.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:23:25

Arent all bravissimo bras handwash only? thats what my fitter told me.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sun 16-Aug-15 11:15:48

Any bra with a wire in is technically hand wash only. However life is short.

AnneOfSleeves Mon 17-Aug-15 16:44:01

Really not keen on nude/flesh coloured underwear, sorry! Ditto hand washing. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now