Talk

Advanced search

I want to vacuum my decking, patio and woodburner - which vacuum could do this?

(10 Posts)
Monica101 Thu 13-Aug-15 19:25:10

Wondering if anyone knows which vacuums I could look for?

I know you can buy small vacuum which are specifically for wood burners but I was wondering if anyone knows of a bigger type. I want to use it for cleaning ash from the woodburner, general garden grit on the decking and play sand on the patio?

My research has turned up the commercial henry, does anyone have one of those or any other recommendations. Thanks smile

Spillette Thu 13-Aug-15 19:30:49

My husband uses our Henry Hoover to do this. He'll be pleased to hear he's not the only person! smile

Monica101 Thu 13-Aug-15 19:53:00

Hehe Spillette, tell him it's a very good idea, it just occurred to me as I was sweeping playsand up for the 50th time this summer!

Does he have the commerical Henry or is it just a normal domestic one?

rabbit123 Thu 13-Aug-15 21:16:34

Henry, absolutely. We have one as our garage vacuum, it picks up anything

80sMum Thu 13-Aug-15 21:24:42

I use our Henry for cleaning the wood burner, the garage and the porch. Never thought of doing the patio with it. Great idea (providing it hasn't been raining).

PigletJohn Thu 13-Aug-15 21:26:09

A builders canister vac.

Can't be bothered to type it all again

try www.mumsnet.com/SearchArch?mustmatch=canister+vac&dontmatch=&nickname=PigletJohn&src_displ_option=s_m_d_m&fromDate=&toDate=&topicmode=All&availtops=-1

The mid-price Titan from Screwfix is good value (not the smallest one).

Being a wet-and-dry it will also suck up blocked drains and overflowing washers.

BL00CowWonders Thu 13-Aug-15 21:27:24

I have a Karcher (looks like a Minion!). £50 from John Lewis. It coped brilliantly with builders dust and rubble and is wet and dry do no problem outside
We got it as a stop gap thinking we'd go back to a Dyson but I'm sticking with it

Spillette Thu 13-Aug-15 22:19:25

A regular domestic one about twenty years old... I live in hope that using it on the patio will break it, but that smug-faced little git is indestructible.

hookedonamoonagedaydream Fri 14-Aug-15 12:03:41

I hoover the fire place out with the Henry, I did the same with the dyson and it killed it.

Monica101 Sat 15-Aug-15 10:27:55

Thanks for the replies.

I am off to buy a wet and dry vacuum today. I think this is going to be so useful, especially with my dreaded stove. I wish I'd known about this ages ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now