Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WTAF is in flash miracle sponges? Thay are scary!!!

(10 Posts)
addictedtosugar Tue 11-Aug-15 17:35:41

Those flash magic sponges were on offer in the local "sell a bit of everything" shop, so I bought one thinking it might work on the wall the kids bash with their toys. They are amazing. What's in them???

achieve6 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:41:02

i think it's just concentrated washing up liquid.

I've got some Fairy something or other for dishes with baked on grease - you are meant to leave it on for a max of 30 mins.

Rather than buying the sponges, I now just spray that on a sponge and it does pretty much the same thing.

addictedtosugar Tue 11-Aug-15 19:06:16

Sounds like there are different types ten. These were for scuffs and Marks on walls. Normal cleaning didn't remove the marks, and these did. Scary stuff.

CatsCantFlyFast Tue 11-Aug-15 19:07:21

Ive always wanted to know this. They're amazing on shower screens and taps too

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 11-Aug-15 19:10:51

Wiki knows

wowfudge Tue 11-Aug-15 19:11:07

They are melamine sponges and abrasive. They work by rubbing away what you want to get rid of and a bit of the surface they are sitting on. Proceed with caution.

They aren't impregnated with cleaning products as far as I am aware.

addictedtosugar Tue 11-Aug-15 19:20:42

Wow. Thank you. I couldn't get Google to tell me.
OK, so nothing scarier than abrasive. Jif cream, sorry sorry, cif cream would have done similar?? That would be cheaper. It's a one off spruce before the estate agent comes round next week!

wowfudge Tue 11-Aug-15 21:59:23

No - there's something about them that is very good at removing things you thought were permanent marks where everything else has failed. You just need to be gentle and use the sponge damp ime. Jif/Cif ain't the same and would be messy and hard work.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 11-Aug-15 22:01:42

The flash ones have a product in them. I brought the bathroom ones as had marks in the plastic bath. It foamed massively and didn't clean the mark off but did bring up my white upvc front foot brilliantly.

mummytime Tue 11-Aug-15 23:51:13

They have a special stucture, with very tiny sticking up bits, which are just the right size to get into the bits of stuck on food. So they can help pull it off. A bit like microscopic fingernail, which can scrap off the stuck on stuff, but won't hurt the non-stick coating.

They are great for the marks in mugs too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now