Talk

Advanced search

Hold on to your hats, you won't be able to stand the excitement when you read my thread about........ Cleaning tile grout!

(10 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Mon 10-Aug-15 12:58:36

I told you it was exciting!

So, how do you do it? Our kitchen floor looks dreadful sad

ReluctantCamper Mon 10-Aug-15 20:59:09

Haven't tried it myself, but have seen other posters raving about soaking tissue paper in bleach and putting it on the grout for as long as possible. I have had quite good results with grout paint in the past. Good luck!

girlandboy Mon 10-Aug-15 21:25:00

I'll watch with interest because you're not the only one with grim grout!

helzapoppin2 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:38:35

I did it recently with a steamer attachment. Two weeks later it's grim again!

Encyclo Mon 10-Aug-15 22:45:49

I made a paste with baking soda and bleach, applied with a toothbrush, then washed off. It looked fab for a month, then looked grubby again.

mais Mon 10-Aug-15 22:48:09

I sprayed Mr Muscle oven cleaner on the tiles behind the hob, left it on for a few minutes & kept the kitchen windows & door wide open to ventilate. It did a great job.

Heleng1982 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:49:32

I use Milton neat with a tooth brush it's amazing it's also great with mould on walls smile

Dildals Thu 13-Aug-15 12:44:14

How do you use Milton neat? I have the Milton tablets only.

TheCunnyFunt Thu 13-Aug-15 15:48:48

Oops I forgot about this thread blush

Thanks will try these smile I have used my steamer before but it took me bloody ages and I didn't feel that it stayed clean long enough to warrant spending that amount of time on my hands and knees on a cold hard floor so I want something that won't take me hours to do grin

Heleng1982 Thu 13-Aug-15 20:16:10

I bought my Milton in a bottle from my local Co op I was surprised as I only thought it was in tablet form smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now