Talk

Advanced search

Help - I sat on an opal fruit/starburst and it has melted onto my jeans

(8 Posts)
ilovekittycats Fri 07-Aug-15 09:14:37

As the above, what is the best way to remove it? It is very sticky but dried out now and I have picked off as much as I can. Would using an iron on top of kitchen roll melt it onto the kitchen roll and off the jeans?

Stuffofawesome Fri 07-Aug-15 09:19:18

freezing it might work better (disclaimer I'm no expert) then it might pick off more easily.

Seeline Fri 07-Aug-15 09:29:20

You're supposed to freeze chewing gum, so I'd go with that option too.

addictedtosugar Fri 07-Aug-15 09:30:45

I'd try both of the above. Prob freeze then iron.

VulcanWoman Fri 07-Aug-15 09:46:55

I'd give it a good scrub with hot soapy water.

DramaAlpaca Fri 07-Aug-15 09:49:01

I'd freeze it, as the others have said. Then pick or scrape it off. If it's left a mark rub some neat washing up liquid into it then wash as normal.

ilovekittycats Fri 07-Aug-15 09:56:36

Thank you ladies, I had thought of freezing but wasn't sure. I have put them in a plastic bag in the freezer probably for 24 hours I suppose and will try and pick off more if I can.

I was thinking the iron would work as it certainly melted onto the jeans and the seat I was sat on easily enough.

I will update later.

ilovekittycats Wed 12-Aug-15 12:45:46

UPDATE - I put jeans in freezer for 24 hours and picked off a bit more sticky residue and then used hot iron over several changes of kitchen roll until no more come off. I then used washing up liquid rubbed with hot water and put in washing machine and hey presto - IT ALL CAME OFF.

Thanks for the tips and using a combination of all of them it worked, very happy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now