Talk

Advanced search

Best towels at reasonable prices?

(5 Posts)
mrsdavidbowie Wed 05-Aug-15 22:06:04

I have sorted out my linen cupboard and realised how short of towels I am.
Most of them are Christy and I've had them donkeys years.
Can anyone recommend nice fluffy ones?

PigletJohn Wed 05-Aug-15 23:34:07

Debenhams ones here, in the sales. They sell Christies and a variety of qualities with different branding to catch all price points. You can order e.g. bath sheets if they have not got the one you want in stock. You may want to get a bale as it works out better value, then top up with matching flannels and hand towels if you get through a lot.

We have been quite disappointed with the towels with fine, fur like pile. It is soft and fluffy but goes prematurely bald (got some from a plumbing and bathroom company as end of line stock).

If you buy some Debenhams shares they will let you have a discount store card, usually 10% which is in addition to sales and other discounts.

Gozogozo Thu 06-Aug-15 05:32:39

Replace with more Christy towels.

I tried some from John Lewis, M&S & Soak & Sleep over the last few years & none are as good at drying, and resisting tearing along the bands, as Christy ones both from 25 years ago & from 3 years ago.

Minicaters Thu 06-Aug-15 10:07:09

BHS premium ones. Ours are 8 years old and noticeably nicer than all our other towels.

Eminybob Thu 06-Aug-15 10:29:13

Primark. Seriously. I have some from years back, still really fluffy, massive bath sheets and cost next to nothing.
I have also bought some more recently and the quality is the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now