Talk

Advanced search

iron for someone hopeless at ironing

(6 Posts)
LexLoofah Wed 05-Aug-15 11:28:03

Sorry if this has been done to death already

DH used to do the ironing (as he ended up re-doing his shirts when I had done them) then we have had someone doing the ironing for the last 10 years. I am not working at the moment and can't justify not doing it anymore. Happy to clean all day long but hate ironing, mostly because I am crap at it. I have no patience or the manual dexterity required.

So is it worth shelling out for a top of the line iron or steam gen thingy? Will it help improve my ironing or at least take the frustration out of it?

We have just moved so need a new board and iron asap

Suspect I actually need ironing tutorial as well so off to see what is on the wonderful world of youtube

thnx

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Wed 05-Aug-15 21:38:00

We bought a steam generating iron a few months ago. It's wonderful. It really does make ironing a doddle.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Wed 05-Aug-15 22:31:31

We bought a steam generating iron a few months ago. It's wonderful. It really does make ironing a doddle.

LexLoofah Thu 06-Aug-15 10:44:57

used I like the sound of it being a doddle, have ordered a Tefal steam gen and large board thx, great name btw

GoddessWhoWalksEarthAsWoman Fri 07-Aug-15 10:29:21

Shake stuff firmly when you get it out of the wash and hang it on coat hanger to dry. IMO most stuff doesn't need ironing. Otherwise iron in this order -Collar, cuffs, sleeves, front left, front right then back. Steam helps but don't waste pots of money on an iron if you hate doing it.

LexLoofah Fri 07-Aug-15 11:30:30

Thnx goddess, I always end up going round in circles as seem to iron creases in what I did earlier so the order helps, it is mainly DHs shirts and jeans and the DCs uniform I am going to need to iron, I am with you on the principle of only iron if needed, we are not an iron the tea towels kind of household!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now