Talk

Advanced search

Picking up.

(9 Posts)
tootsey Sun 02-Aug-15 15:34:55

Just wondering how many cleaners pick up dirty underwear (adults, very dirty) in a house they clean. Is picking up food, clothes, toys, rubbish lying everywhere generally considered part of the job.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 02-Aug-15 17:09:44

hmm at your qualifying of the underwear condition but to answer your question cleaners do whatever you've negotiated. Some tidy, some don't. Mine never have but we are tidy people and wouldn't expect cleaners to pick up after U.S. I'd rather they cleaner cleaned than spent half the time they were contracted clearing the crap in order to make way to clean.

tootsey Sun 02-Aug-15 17:43:10

Not sure what you mean " qualifying of the underwear condition". I can only describe it as dirty, filthy, or to put it simply blood and poop, just kicked off wherever they've left them, even though there is ample laundry baskets available. Just wanted to hear what others do or are expected to do. Did not agree to do any picking up, but am finding more and more every time I go.

Keeptrudging Sun 02-Aug-15 17:47:48

No, our cleaner does not pick up, she cleans. She'll move stuff to one end of a table, but I tidy up so she's got a clear run of floors/surfaces.

Pipbin Sun 02-Aug-15 17:50:43

Why would an adult have knickers with shit in them. Blood, we've all had heavy periods but poo?

Personally I leave the house tidy for the cleaner. She vacuums, dusts and cleans the bathroom. It's not her job to pick stuff up.

woowoo22 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:25:12

No, wtf?! Stop going.

tootsey Sun 02-Aug-15 19:31:08

Thankyou for your replies. Just wanted to hear others thoughts. House does seem to be getting messier as time goes on. I just dont get how a woman can step over things like this, and leave for the cleaner, then stand and watch me pick them up.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 02-Aug-15 20:13:58

"Dirty clothes, including underwear" or something similar would have sufficed, detail re the nature of the underwear was unnecessary and made you sound like the poo troll

Just cancel your agreement with this household or renegotiate the terms if it is unacceptable (and it does sound yuck).

BallsforEarrings Thu 06-Aug-15 08:41:21

We are a cleaning company and we ask that the house be prepared for cleaning before the teams go in to clean.

We require the house to be reasonably picked up and that nobody be cooking or using the rooms that are included within the service list.

If I go to quote a house which is very untidy i will tell the homeowner that although we can help with this as well it will incurr additional charges as it will take a substantial more time and labour to tidy up before we start cleaning.

I don't take on many jobs like that nowadays, no matter how I price them, it just causes low morale for our teams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now