Talk

Advanced search

If you get your windows cleaned regularly...

(14 Posts)
OverAndAbove Sun 02-Aug-15 08:44:24

How often do you get them done? I suppose it depends on how exposed they are, close to the road etc. It's massively expensive round here although it really does make a difference. It was ages since I'd had mine done and they were filthy but the guys were trying to make me sign up to a monthly service which I think is unnecessary. And they said everyone gets theirs done monthly...

MrsHathaway Sun 02-Aug-15 08:46:21

Ours does a four-week cycle and does ours every other time, so eight weeks.

Tenner for four-bed with extension (ie there are patio doors and upstairs is awkward).

GraceGrape Sun 02-Aug-15 08:47:18

I only get mine done 3 times a year. We live on a very quiet road with almost no traffic, if that makes any difference.

dementedpixie Sun 02-Aug-15 08:52:44

Every 3 or 4 weeks during summer months and less often in the winter as it depends on the weather (scotland). Pay £6 each time for 4 bed house.

OverAndAbove Sun 02-Aug-15 18:18:56

Thanks for this. I realised there is another long thread about this - is did look beforehand, honestly, but it's in AIBU! Anyway it makes me want to cry that in other places you can get it done so cheaply! I think I'll aim for every other month, or thereabouts, and see how we go...

moopymoodle Tue 04-Aug-15 00:02:50

£3.50 here for a 3 bed house. I get them done once a month as I can't stand dust on the Windows

123rd Tue 04-Aug-15 00:06:12

Jeez, we were quoted £13 for a (biggish) 3 bed. We hadn't had them done since we movedhmm before though I got ours done every other month.

ziggyziggy Tue 04-Aug-15 00:10:40

omg i am on the south coast and my first floor 2 bed flat is £18!! (Done by the poles - outside only). he does the door too and is a nice guy but looking at your prices I am feeling mightily pissed off. I have only had it done twice, to be fair (in total, over a year!).

nipersvest Tue 04-Aug-15 00:12:07

we get ours done every 2 months, £10 a time for a 5 bed detached house.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 04-Aug-15 01:55:03

£4 once a fortnight. Three bed end terrace. My window cleaner is ace. He spends more time nattering to my cats than he does on the windows as his wife is refusing to let him have any more. They have eight apparently but he's convinced there's room for another somewhere in the housegrin

busjs79 Wed 05-Aug-15 13:10:36

First floor 2 bed flat, every four weeks (on a really busy road so they get filthy). Like ziggy they use poles. £5.50 a time (Scotland).

SevenEleven Wed 05-Aug-15 13:19:03

Ours are done a bit randomly, but around once a month. 4 bed, 3 story house costs £7.00. Would pay them a bit more if they'd wipe the frames too, though!

INeedSomeHelp Wed 05-Aug-15 13:21:50

Once a month - £4.50 for a 2 bed end terrace. Not a busy road but I do think it makes a difference to the overall appearance of the house (even if the rest of it is a tip!)

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 05-Aug-15 13:24:45

We have ours done every 8 weeks - and we have about 25 windows. Costs £15 which is very good. By the time the 8 weeks rolls around, we really need it because we have big trees in the garden which make everything sticky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now