Talk

Advanced search

How ofren does your cleaner come and what do they do?

(8 Posts)
cleanasawhistle2195 Thu 30-Jul-15 12:49:55

Thinking of getting one for 2 hours 2x a week.

Clean bathrooms, hoover and dust, mopping, change beds and do some ironing.

Is this reasonable? Do you find your cleaner uses their common sense- i.e do they throw any dirty dishes in the dishwasher, will they put on a load of laundry if left by the machine?

OnlyLovers Thu 30-Jul-15 12:57:48

Mine comes once a week for two hours.

She cleans the living room, landing and hallway, bathroom and kitchen (hoover/sweep and mop) and dusts a bit. She uses her common sense in as much as she does any washing up/putting away of stuff left on the drying rack; but I try not to leave any washing up as I'd rather she spent the time on actual cleaning.

I pay her extra if I need ironing done and if she has time.

I wouldn't leave her laundry or ask her to change the beds. I don't mind doing all that myself; for me it's all about 'outsourcing' actual cleaning, which I CBA with.

I know some of her other customers leave her a list of things to do, which can include stuff like laundry and changing beds and can vary week to week. I think they pay her for more hours though and I only want to pay for two a week.

dairyfarmerswife Thu 30-Jul-15 21:20:30

2 hours once a fortnight...

She cleans the kitchen, hall, downstairs bathroom, welly room and dining room. She doesn't tidy ( in the sense that I tidy before she comes. If I'm snowed under she cleans around the stuff I've left out.) Cleaning is dusting, cobwebs, hoover and or mop. If I haven't done the dishwasher and there are dirty dishes she will fill it but like only lovers I'd rather she did actual cleaning.

cosmicglittergirl Thu 30-Jul-15 21:22:51

Two hours, once a week. Pretty much what you've said in the OP. Does a general tidy up as she goes, sometimes I'll leave something off the list and ask her to do something different like clean the fridge.

thereisnocheese Sun 02-Aug-15 09:43:44

Hi, my cleaner comes for 2.5 hours every week. I tidy before she comes and she does dusting and cleaning, both bathrooms and loos, hoover and steam clean all floors, and kitchen worktops etc. she will do ironing if I ask but we use an ironing service which works out much cheaper for that service. I'd rather she cleaned that tidied so it makes me get on top of the tidying! Our place has never looked better!

GenevaMaybe Sun 02-Aug-15 09:45:50

Mine does 3 hours a day Monday to Friday. She does everything from laundry to dusting and ironing. Our house has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms plus two kitchens over 5 floors. It takes bloody ages to clean. Despite her coming every day it still never looks spotless.

Karenkong Mon 03-Aug-15 14:32:52

Thereisnocheese, could I ask if your cleaner would like to try clean my house? I'm at St. Michael's Mead. Looking for a weekly cleaner. I also need steam cleaning all floors smile PM me if you don't mind? Ta

florentina1 Mon 03-Aug-15 16:35:59

3 hours a week for 2 retired people in 3 bed small house. Cleans every surface including paintwork. No ironing or window cleaning. I have used same agency for 3 years and am still paying same as when I began. Bloody godsend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now