Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for housewarming party food!

(10 Posts)
midlifehope Sun 26-Jul-15 17:36:26

Does any one know any low fuss foods I can serve in bulk to adults and children? Got about 25 people coming on Wednesday and am very pregnant so don't want anything too fussy of complicated!!!! Thanks! Also how tidy should house be? Still unpacking upstairs at the moment!

woowoo22 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:13:30

Get it all from M and S. Clear living room/kitchen, shove everything into one room upstairs and don't let anyone in it.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 26-Jul-15 18:18:31

Don't let people go upstairs? Just say you're still unpacking, and that you're too pregnant to go up and down. It'll be fine.

You could do all bought in, or ask people to bring a dish?

Or easy stuff - ovened sausages in honey and mustard / sesame etc.
Pasta salad potato salad, coleslaw
Bread, cheese, cold meats

That kind of thing? What time are they coming, and are they coming all at once or in dribs and drabs?

Marylou2 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:34:52

Huge chilli/curry in the slow cooker.Rice and flat breads. Big brie and pate. Lots of baguette, dips,crisps, salad. Baked potatoes, bowls of grated cheese and coleslaw.

Marylou2 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:36:23

Don't bother tidying up much.Lots of people will obscure the view of any mess.

cashewnutty Sun 26-Jul-15 18:44:48

I never clean too much in advance of a party. No-one notices and there is always a huge mess to clear up afterwards anyway. Tidy everything you don't want broken away. I find it easiest to do cold stuff as heating stuff up is a huge faff. Loads of bread, cheese, cold meat, salad, coleslaw etc. works fine. Massive bowls of crisps. If you want to do hot food then baked potatoes are good with grated cheese, tuna chilli etc.

HolidayHeidi Mon 27-Jul-15 14:05:51

Was going to suggest exactly the same as marylou2!

mrsmeerkat Tue 28-Jul-15 21:59:39

I honestly would call out for pizza

Open a few nice bags of salad

Sausages - cook a load of them in the oven

Crusty bread, cheese, ham, coleslaw and tomatoes

Brunhildafair Wed 29-Jul-15 17:22:45

Huge joints of slow cooked pulled pork,apple sauce,stuffing and breadcakes Sausages for the kids. Lots of ice cream,and thawed frozen berries. Easy peasy,and goes down really well.

Minicaters Thu 30-Jul-15 21:38:27

Pizzas (asda deli ones are nicer than prepackaged and a lot cheaper than takeaway), quiche, salad.

Or giant ploughmans - nice bread and mixed box of crackers, big cheeseboard, pate, salad leaves, cherry toms, pickles & chutney.

How about getting one of those birthday cake traybakes for pudding, or a couple of big gateaux? Or strawberries, mini choc brownie bites from the supermarket bakery section and ice cream. Or ask a couple of closest friends/family to bring a pud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now