Talk

Advanced search

apps to help you get organised - lists of things to do

(13 Posts)
aprilshowerssoon Sat 25-Jul-15 15:31:50

Please can anyone recommend some good apps for helping me to get organised both with home and work? I like lists and use pen and paper at the moment. ideally I would like something that has lists that you can set dates for so say "this weeks tasks" but if they are not marked off then they roll to the following week?

I saw on another thread suggestions of wunderlist? priority matrix? does anyone have a favourite? Thanks very much.

QuiteQuietly Sat 25-Jul-15 15:50:37

Remember the milk? You can group tasks/reminders by category and get email reminders. There is an app too, but I mostly use it via email and occasionally on the web to tidy lists up. It is free, although there is a paid-for version with extra features.

kansasmum Sat 25-Jul-15 20:53:00

I use home routines app. Simple and basic but does what I need
and I like ticking things off.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Sat 25-Jul-15 20:54:53

Google 'Apartment Therapy' they send you emails of daily tasks plus one big task regularly. I don't use it anymore but found it really useful for a while.

arnieschwartzsnogger Sat 25-Jul-15 21:38:09

Remember the Milk!

Rummikub Thu 30-Jul-15 00:36:44

You can do that on errands. I've hot some jobs that have rolled on for weeks!

girlandboy Thu 30-Jul-15 12:42:05

I use FlyHelper. It's a bit of a knock off from FlyLady, but I find it useful to keep me focussed on what needs doing. Else I just drift about blush

I find it satisfying to be able to tick off the jobs. I'm easily pleased grin

sleepyjean69 Thu 30-Jul-15 13:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

doubleeggandchips Thu 30-Jul-15 13:09:28

Wundalist! I love it, evangelised to my DH who now uses it for work too. You can set up lots of different titled lists, add items and then, to items, add sub tasks, notes etc. I also use the recurring feature for housework (OK, haven't found the 'motivate me' button yet...) as you can tick off an item, then have it pop up again in a week's time or never whenever you think it needs doing. You can also send whole lists to other people. I'm sure it has other features too, but even with those basics it's a very nicely working, satisfying, app. Although I do mute my phone in the supermarket as ticking off items causes a loud PINGGG noise!

AmIbeingTreasonable Fri 31-Jul-15 00:54:41

doubleeggandchips - how do you make items recurring please?

AmIbeingTreasonable Fri 31-Jul-15 01:03:42

I've found it now grin

aprilshowerssoon Fri 31-Jul-15 08:27:01

Do any of these apps have lists which you can set up for short term to dos and if there are loads of them they can somehow be organised into sections? and also a list which are to be done by a certain date e.g. End of August but if they are not done they roll into septembers list? I am trying to condense a lot of lists of to dos (to do with different people and different timeframes) and does the one you recommend send out reminders? Thanks so much. Just so confusing as there are so many different apps available.

arnieschwartzsnogger Fri 31-Jul-15 18:11:11

Look at Remember the Milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now