Talk

Advanced search

replacing an integrated dishwasher...

(8 Posts)
Graciescotland Wed 22-Jul-15 11:34:53

Currently have a rubbish dw009, freebie from bandq with kitchen, courtesy of previous owners. I'm keen to replace with a bosch. How difficult is to change over?

BabyGanoush Wed 22-Jul-15 11:39:41

I bought a Bosch last week from John Lewis (was same price as AO), and chose the installation deal (think it is £40). It took 2 guys an hour, so glad they did it for me. It was a bit of a faf, but if you are a handy person and strong, you may be able to do it yourself.

mine was complicated as they ended up having to saw a bit out of the wooden plinths underneath so the door could open.

TheEmpressofBlandings Wed 22-Jul-15 11:42:26

It could go either way! I've done it myself and it was very straightforward but have also had it done as part of a new kitchen and they made a right pigs ear of it.
We've had several Bosch dishwashers btw, and been very disappointed with them (we have Bosch everything and everything else is brilliant) so we finally swapped for an ultra-cheap Beko one which is fab!

BabyGanoush Wed 22-Jul-15 14:43:38

I loved my old Bosch, and the new one's even better.

PigletJohn Thu 23-Jul-15 01:27:00

Integrated appliances are a lot more work to take out or put in, as well as being poor value. This is why I some people prefer free-standing appliances that just need to be pushed into place.

Graciescotland Fri 24-Jul-15 11:07:55

I think we'll just get it installed sadly john lewis don't do the install service in my area but curry do. have not heard great things about their customer service but fingers crossed.

We have a bosch in our house (staying in holiday let whilst bathroom is redone and realised dishwasher is utterly rubbish) it's brilliant we've used it for three years without any issues atall.

I know pigletjohn; however it's in the middle of a row of units with no where else for it to go. I don't think I could just whip it out?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 25-Jul-15 09:43:04

We fitted our miele with little hassle, we cut the door down to fit it and pushed it into place, connected everything and put the kick boards back.

Adjusting it took the time, it was considerably bigger than the crap one we had before.

gobbin Sun 26-Jul-15 23:46:37

We had a cheapie Kingswood put in when we had the kitchen redone. Quality of the baskets not same as our previous Bosch but it blows the Bosch away for cleaning ability and ease of use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now