Talk

Advanced search

To call this a pig sty would insult the pig

(7 Posts)
MameeDiedOfASS Wed 22-Jul-15 09:16:25

So I tell me children ALL the time to clean their rooms and I hate to nag (LOL JUST TRICKING I love hit ;) ) any tips?
#time for a glass of wine winewink

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Jul-15 09:14:46

Hello OP, we're just going to move this to Housekeeping.

cozietoesie Thu 23-Jul-15 10:21:47

What's the general situation in the household?

(Pigs are by inclination very clean animals by the way: I recall well their ecstasy at being scrubbed down - with a broom and a hose! - when I was a child.) smile

QuiteQuietly Thu 23-Jul-15 10:48:10

How old are the children? If they are old enough to care about wifi, then changing the password often helps. If they are younger, then a competitive element can be useful

Also, do they know how to do it? Do they have enough places to put their stuff, or too much stuff to reasonably cope with? I think that if they can only fit everything in a cupboard with perfect stacking in a precise way, then you are doomed. There has to be enough space in there that things can just be put away without too much stress, If it's not relatively easy, it won't happen. We sold and chucked tons of stuff a few years ago (including some awkward storgage) and the house in general is much tidier.

coolguygotyourjellys Sun 26-Jul-15 09:02:24

You know, meself and me TMNT can get out of hand sometime, but the hubby and kids always make such a mess! I tell them all the time. Sometimes a glass of red is all you need- hope this helps! :-D cake

chickenfuckingpox Sun 26-Jul-15 09:06:19

move it or i hoover it

do it yourself when they moan they cant find anything tell them to clean it themselves next time

if it on the floor its bin food!

Minicaters Wed 29-Jul-15 22:15:05

Build them "picking up 10 things" into the bedtime routine. If time/mess allows, they do another 10.

Do not let them own desks. Ours have Desks Of Doom, constantly covered in shite. DC love the desks and the shite though, sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now