Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get good quality and reasonably priced sheets, duvet covers etc?

(22 Posts)
Rizzlekicks Sat 18-Jul-15 22:56:13

I have so many old duvet covers which are now completely faded. I would like to get more grown-up sheets, duvet covers etc but don't want to pay White Company prices. I would love everything to be 100% cotton/ Egyptian cotton. Where should I look?

Ladyflip Sat 18-Jul-15 22:58:46

This company have excellent products and super fast delivery. Can highly recommend.

Mytholmroyd Sat 18-Jul-15 23:06:45

soak and sleep is good as is Mitre Linens or Dawsons
all sell high thread count bed linen at reasonable prices

SleepShake Sat 18-Jul-15 23:10:35

Try dawsons. I like Sheridan and Dorma brands.

evelynj Sat 18-Jul-15 23:18:07

I like soak & sleep.too.

CrazyOldBagLady Sat 18-Jul-15 23:24:06

Do you have a TK Maxx Homesense near you? I've had some lovely, good quality bedding from there at a decent price. It can be a bit hit and miss if you are looking for a specific colour, but well worth a look.

bythewindsailors Sat 18-Jul-15 23:32:53

Definitely second soak and sleep. I buy all my bed linen, duvets and towels.

wowfudge Sun 19-Jul-15 08:43:43

I second Dawsons online and TK Maxx/Homesense. I was able to get a Sheridan king size duvet cover from Dawsons to replace a double when we bought a bigger bed even though the design had been discontinued. I also bought duvets and mattress covers as their prices were so good. Delivery was free as I spent over £50 and they use DPD, who are brilliant.

Davros Sun 19-Jul-15 11:05:44

I use LaRedoute. A range of prices, good quality and service

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 19-Jul-15 14:35:22

Viceroy bedding.

Sparklingbrook Sun 19-Jul-15 14:38:51

YY to Homesense. I got ours from there, they were very reasonable too.

orangefusion Sun 19-Jul-15 14:50:45

In Bath there is a a laundry that serves all the posh hotels. Its shop outlet sells off ex hire sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases (and towels) at rock bottom prices (£5 for a superking cover) they feel like silk and I figure that I would be fine to get into them at a posh hotel I am fine to have them at home. All my beds have ultra high thread count silky sheets and duvets now all, gleaming white and if I spill tea on them I can replace them for next to nothing.

unlucky83 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:55:49

Hmmm - you have to look at them in real life but IKEA have lots of 100% cotton duvet covers and they have them (at least in our store) hanging up so you can feel the thickness etc.
I bought one that if I had looked - I didn't I just liked the pattern and knew they seemed to be all £40 or so max! - was extremely cheap (less than £20 or something for King) and it was really thin with no fasteners on the bottom etc. Also afaik they used to only do cotton in double/king etc but now have some polycotton.
I always have had cotton and used to get them in TK max - so kept an eye out for any I liked but after discovering Ikea I haven't bothered as I rarely could pick up something I liked first visit.
Also I picked up a single 100% jersey cotton brightly coloured sheet in Lidl for the DCs -and I was impressed by the quality -but I've never managed to find one again in a colour they want...(Ikea's cheaper cotton sheet (Dvall???or similar) I find a bit thin but they do better ones.
(I've not bought double sheets for years I inherited lots of really good quality cotton and linen ones)

hugoagogo Sun 19-Jul-15 14:58:22

I would second tkmaxx, but if you want it all to match you could do a lot worse than asda extra special- they do extra deep too which are great.

onedogatoddlerandababy Sun 19-Jul-15 15:00:00

orangefusion whereabouts in Bath is this laundry outlet place? Thanks!

AyMamita Sun 19-Jul-15 15:00:03

House of Fraser, if you hold out for the 70% off sale which seems to come around every couple of months!

Janethegirl Sun 19-Jul-15 15:01:25

I like dunelm mill.

poisonedbypen Sun 19-Jul-15 15:33:07

I always say this in these threads, but Costco. excellent quality & v good price.

orangefusion Sun 19-Jul-15 16:16:10

Onedog its Regency Laundry, they have thee shops- one on lower Bristol Road near Sainsburys, one in Westgate Buildings and on Chelsea road (I thnk its called Chelsea road- its newbridge, where all the little shops are. I would heartily recommend rooting through the £2 dust sheet box, I have had some great bargins out of there.

specialsubject Tue 21-Jul-15 14:59:25

remember that IKEA sizing is different!

I've just got a bargain new duvet set from Linens Direct - 55% cotton but don't care as it isn't striped, covered in girly flowers, pictures of New York or words. The end of a long search!

unlucky83 Tue 21-Jul-15 16:24:13

Ikea do standard sizes too!
I got a new mattress from them and could choose whether to have a standard double or an 'IKea' - European? Double ... they have a range of sheet sizes.
I know their 'single' sheets fit a standard 3ft double perfectly and I don't have Ikea duvets but the covers fit..

Trickytricky Tue 21-Jul-15 16:27:31

John Lewis sheets are great if you buy them during their clearance sales (think one has just finished). I always get the Special Buy Egyptian cotton sheets. Good quality and great prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now