Talk

Advanced search

Any gadgets to keep a tiled floor vacuumed AND clean?!

(17 Posts)
Hottoday Mon 13-Jul-15 20:38:32

I have a lovely new white tiled kitchen floor ...... and a dog! Not a very good combination! I am fed up brushing and mopping the floor. Are there any gadgets that brush up the dirt as well as clean? I have seen the X5 but it looks like it cleans rather than sucking up dust and first first. Any suggestions?

CatMilkMan Mon 13-Jul-15 20:41:23

We have several roombas in out house, once the animals get used to them they are incredibly useful.

SurlyCue Mon 13-Jul-15 20:46:06

Daily brushing of the dog, outside in the morning. (Quick go over- 5 mins) preferably before his walk so wind and long grass (if available) takes the loosened hair off him. and a roomba. (Its on my wishlist) is it possible to zone off some of the area with a stairgate?

Hottoday Mon 13-Jul-15 21:24:51

Wow I hadn't heard of a roomba! Looks ideal but are they really as good as the adverts say and aren't they hugely expensive? Thanks.

Belleview Wed 15-Jul-15 08:48:18

They are as good as they say. And yes v expensive. If you can buy one though, they are wonderful. I'm grateful every time I switch mine on to do the hall and kitchen..then I shut the front door. When I come back, it's all done, and I just empty it and put it back on its charger.

Honu Wed 15-Jul-15 09:37:07

I have exactly the same problem and covet a scooba which I believe both vacuums and cleans.

verystressedmum Wed 15-Jul-15 09:55:59

I have the same problem except I have 2 dogs grin
I wanted a roomba but it was too dear do I bought a vileda one with tesco clubcard boost and it does the job really well. It does want to just go around in a circle and it gets stuck on rug edges but I just nudge it along when I walk past. I couldn't go out and leave it but it does a good enough job while I can get on with other things.

Belleview Wed 15-Jul-15 10:00:59

That's good to know, as the Vileda one is A good price. Roomba can get stuck, too, and go round in circles!

0x530x610x750x630x79 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:03:34

We have several roombas in out house, once the animals get used to them they are incredibly useful.

such jealousy here, i have to carry my one from room to room (lots of stairs in our house)

Guirado Wed 15-Jul-15 14:08:07

Emop. I've got hard floors everywhere and a shedding dog. In the winter i occasionally vac first bit in the summer i just mop.

Guirado Wed 15-Jul-15 14:08:22

But i covet a Roomba.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:16:42

But i covet a Roomba.
covet away it has changed my house, the floors used to be gritty, now they are smooth (i am bare foot mainly).

I have cleaned under the kids bunk beds which are only 6" high so far too low to get hoovered under.

Under my bed, today i hoovered the dining room whilst i showered/ate breakfast.

CatMilkMan Thu 16-Jul-15 12:58:35

Im obsessed with our family of roombas, we don't use them in every part of the house but the areas that are usually guest and pet free are usually cleaned by them.
They wake up, leave the charging dock Hoover the rooms they have access to them quietly go back to the dock and go to sleep.
My new roombas also have wifi so I can use the roomba app to tell them to clean places if needed when I'm not home.

Very expensive but they are essentially my army of robot cleaners.

Looserella Thu 16-Jul-15 13:01:50

I have a Bissell Vac & Steam.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Thu 16-Jul-15 17:36:49

Catmilk, just calculated i would need 5 to organise myself like that, that is way out of my budget.

CatMilkMan Fri 17-Jul-15 02:23:58

I'm sorry that it's out of your budget, specifically what is the issue?
Or is it having pets and a tile floor that is easily dirty? As well as others

I have more than 5 but I wouldn't need them if I took the time to move them between floors and rooms. I'm lucky that I can give them a little to do and just let them do it.
My roombas Hoover every day so it's realistic that you could have certain rooms hoovered once a day or certain floors.
WAIT 0X YOU ARENT OP!
I thought you are op, I was hoping you would come back and give advice to op about the realities of price.
Serves me right to post at 2am. Sorry.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Fri 17-Jul-15 10:10:10

Hahaha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now