Talk

Advanced search

How to get rid of burned smell in microwave

(7 Posts)
Zazzabeans Sun 12-Jul-15 15:55:09

Put some microwave popcorn in for dd, told dh to keep an eye whilst I jumped in the shower. Well I got out of the shower to a smoke filled house.
Apparently he couldn't hear microwave ping angry
My kitchen absolutely stinks, as does the microwave, have used nail varnish remover to get rid of the yellow colour but I can't get rid of the smell. Have tried vinegar and water, then onion. It still stinks. Any suggestions ?

Lovethebubbles Sun 12-Jul-15 16:09:27

I used white wine vinegar and cloves and left the bowl in there for a few days... It did work in the end.

Shannaratiger Sun 12-Jul-15 16:10:49

Lemon juice in water boil, helps with cleaning as well.

TheTigersComeAtNight Sun 12-Jul-15 16:12:50

I use a couple of slices of lemon in some water in a bowl and microwave it for a couple of minutes. Don't let it burn dry though! Works to get rid of curry smells so may work on burned smile

PigletJohn Sun 12-Jul-15 19:21:34

I find it difficult to clean a microwave cabinet, but it gets quite easy if you unplug it and turn it on its back. If it has a stainless lining, a green nylon pan scourer with WUL, and a damp sponge to remove the residue, will do the trick.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 12-Jul-15 19:29:49

put some washing-up liquid (lemon is good) in a small container with water & run on high in 30 sec goes (so you can keep an eye on it & it can't boil dry)

it will coat the inside with detergenty lemony condensation which you can just wipe off (pref with a microfibre cloth). it's so easy!

Zebda Sun 12-Jul-15 19:31:46

I had this before (DH who doesn't understand different microwaves have different power levels angry)

I just didn't use the microwave for a couple of weeks <helpful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now