Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tips for buying a new integrated fridge freezer

(4 Posts)
nothappymummy2014 Sun 12-Jul-15 10:28:52

We are looking to replace our integrated fridge freezer. Fridge freezer is 9 years old (basically brought our flat as new-build) and is a Whirlpool. The fridge isn't very cold but instead of a repair we were thinking of replacement due to the age of the fridge freezer. Finding buying a replacement a bit of a nightmare -looking to buy another Whirlpool again but not sure how I make sure it fits with our existing cupboard doors. The one we are looking at is the same overall size and proportions 50/50 Fridge/Freezer are the same. Is that enough? Or do I need to check the measurements between the fridge and freezer are the same?

Am a real novice in the field and this is the first appliance we have had to replace in our integrated kitchen. Any advice welcome!

PigletJohn Sun 12-Jul-15 11:45:06

consider a non-integrated, which will be better VFM.

Integrated appliances are always a pain to install, remove, replace or pull out for cleaning or repair, and you might find you can't find one of exactly the same size again. Also the panels used for your kitchen may have been discontinued by now.

nothappymummy2014 Sun 12-Jul-15 14:16:08

Unfortunately that isn't really an option due to the design of the kitchen. I guess we could get it repaired instead of replaced but that will probably cost us more in the long run. Whirlpool think it is something wrong with the compressor.

LIZS Sun 12-Jul-15 14:52:31

Would never have chosen integrated but had to replace lfl. Check the door and hinge fixing as this affects which models are suitable. Some are like a separate cupboard door to which you attach the fridge door so they open together, others mount the panel onto the appliance door. They all cost significantly more than a freestanding equivalent (ours was around £700 plus fitting)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now