Talk

Advanced search

Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

(6 Posts)
Sunbeam18 Mon 06-Jul-15 14:27:50

Our Dyson has died and we need to buy a new vacuum cleaner. Any recommendations so I don't have to look at product reviews? Thank you!

Amrapaali Mon 06-Jul-15 14:33:56

Miele C3 cat and Dog. The best I've tried. Comes with two vacuum heads- one is a heavy duty one for thicker carpets.

Just to give you a heads-up it is a bagged one. If you think that is a negative, then Miele wont be the one for you. Personally I prefer bags, as I have dust allergies and I really don't want to be emptying dirt that flies everywhere...

But a fantastic vacuum cleaner all round...

Sunbeam18 Mon 06-Jul-15 15:01:34

Thank you!

NomiMalone Mon 06-Jul-15 15:03:30

Seconding Miele Cat and Dog.

The bags are super easy to use and mess free. They also last for agesanf you can buy them cheap on Amazon.

Buttercup27 Mon 06-Jul-15 15:04:43

Neato is absolutely fantastic. We have 2dcs and a dog and I have only had to hoover the stairs since we bought him at Christmas. No need to do top up hoovers and our house is finally hair free.he is programmed to hoover downstairs once a day and I carry him upstairs 2-3 times a week. He's not extortionate either. I would never go back to a normal hoover!

rabbit123 Mon 06-Jul-15 16:36:39

Miele C3 Cat & Dog! Fantastic cleaner and the bags last for a good few months before they need emptying. It comes with 2 different floor heads for carpets and hard floors, so you can clean everywhere with the same cleaner.

If you prefer uprights, have a look at the Sebo X4 or Sebo Felix.

I also find bags are better. No dust clouds or messy filters to wash and the bags last much longer so less frequent emptying. Most bagged vacs these days have some sort of seal to lock the dirt in the bag so it doesn't blow everywhere when you throw it out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now