Talk

Advanced search

Washing Powder?

(13 Posts)
Nicnoo2 Sun 05-Jul-15 12:16:31

Just wondering what washing powder people use. Other people's clothes all seem to have the same lovely smell, especially second hand ones from eBay etc. But despite sniffing most in the supermarket I can't tell what it is. I thought a quick poll here may help smile I usually use Fairy but have also tried Ariel and Persil. And do you use fabric softener or other smelly things. Thanks in advance.

dementedpixie Sun 05-Jul-15 12:18:22

I use ariel or persil or daz and also use asda own make. I also use fabric softener - I sniff them all to find one I like!

Eminado Sun 05-Jul-15 12:19:30

Surcare here.

Pre baby uses bold (blue or purple one). Loved the smell.

TheHormonalHooker Sun 05-Jul-15 12:25:29

I use whatever is on offer. Atm it's Daz and blue comfort, both half price I think in Tesco, which smell really nice.

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 05-Jul-15 12:32:49

I normally use Daz powder and blue Lenor or yellow Comfort. I'm that weirdo you see opening every bottle in Tesco for a sniff

mousmous Sun 05-Jul-15 12:37:31

whatever bio powder is on offer.
ecover softener for some loads, esp bedding as I love the scent.

rabbit123 Sun 05-Jul-15 15:04:24

Persil Bio powder & Comfort Pure softener exclusively. I get both in bulk from Costco. After trial and error, it's the best combination I've found

Outwith Sun 05-Jul-15 15:05:55

It's just because you're used to the smell of your clean clothes though, isn't it grin?

Missingsleepandthecat Mon 06-Jul-15 12:20:22

On mine DH and Ds1's clothes I use either Ariel or Persil bio (Currently on Ariel), the softener I currently have is a big bottle of Lidl's softener its the blue one (Doussy I think its called?) and everything smells just how clean washing should.
Ds2 is a bit like me, he sticks to 2 brands of non bio, Fairy or Ecover but buys Sainsbury's or Lidl's own brands when they aren't on offer, softener wise, he doesn't really use softener much, he does like Fairy, Ecover softener and the white one from Lidl.

wowfudge Mon 06-Jul-15 15:17:19

I don't like things to smell strongly of the perfume in washing detergents and softeners. I find the big brands are the strongest scented. We have Aldi's own brand powder - I use bio and the one for colours - and their pure concentrated fabric softener.

RavioliOnToast Mon 06-Jul-15 16:51:29

I use aldi, never had softer clothes

PigletJohn Mon 06-Jul-15 23:10:36

Persil, or occasionally Fairy out of habit, but Aldi Almat comes out top in Which tests.

BTW you will never notice the smell on your own clothes, because your snout gets acclimatised to whatever you use. If you want to be able to smell it, have two or three different, and change every week.

DramaAlpaca Mon 06-Jul-15 23:13:58

I use Aldi Almat Bio, and never use fabric conditioner. I don't like clothes to smell perfumed so choose a detergent that isn't strongly scented.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now