Talk

Advanced search

flies indoors

(8 Posts)
poppym12 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:48:38

i don't want to have all doors and windows closed but the amount of flies that are coming in is driving me mad. i'm leaping around like a demented tool with a battery swatter in my hand and i'm about to collapse in a puddle of sweat having swatted zero flies angry.

i have a sticky fly paper up in the kitchen. they avoid it. i burn citronella candles in the living room. does sod all. i don't want to use chemical spray as i have a pet.

any ideas please?

mummypig3 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:51:38

I bought some fly spray from my local shop. It kills them so then you have to go round picking them up which isn't very nice but at least they're not landing in my dinner. I think home bargains sell it too

mummypig3 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:52:51

Ah forget to say it's safe around animals and humans. Just bugs it kills

Vajazzler Wed 01-Jul-15 11:53:10

Clear all food sources. Put fruit in the fridge and move the bin outside if you can. I did read somewhere that if you hang a sandwich bag filled with water and a put penny in it then hang it above your door it looks like a wasp nest and deters flies wasps and bees but I can't verify if it works!

poppym12 Wed 01-Jul-15 11:56:42

all food sources are now cleared (i'd forgotten the apples in the bowl but they're now in the fridge), thank you. i've heard people mention the bag of water and copper coins - i'll try it as i'm getting desperate.

have you any idea what the fly spray is called please mummypig and i'll search for some.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Wed 01-Jul-15 11:59:00

TBH, I think you just have to live with flies. As long as they are not settling on food, and even then, they don't do any real harm. They are annoying, but that's about it.

FinallyHere Wed 01-Jul-15 12:07:11

Fly screens.

Panes like secondary double glazing, but with fine mesh rather than glass. Open window, keep flyscreen closed. Bliss.

mummypig3 Wed 01-Jul-15 17:58:02

I'm not home so can't tell you what it's called but just did a quick Google and pets at home sell one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now