Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know any Which? recommendations for good washingmachines?

(7 Posts)
Firsttimer7259 Tue 30-Jun-15 12:25:25

Please? Ideally one for frequent washes in small households. We are just 3 but with a disabled child we wash often. Save me the hassle of signing up for £1.

Wolfiefan Tue 30-Jun-15 12:26:51

Budget? Any preference for particular manufacturers?

rabbit123 Wed 01-Jul-15 22:27:59

Miele & Bosch are both Which? best buys

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Thu 02-Jul-15 07:08:24

We bought a Boschh last year and it's great. I can't remember the model, but it cost around £400.

One of the features which made us choose it is a "speed perfect" option. The wash programmes are very long on modern machines, and this halves the time for some programmes. A friend bought a machine recently without that sort of option, and is cursing because a lot of programmes take over two hours.

A cotton wash on ours takes 2 hours 10 minutes on "normal"or 63 minutes on "speed perfect". I can't tell the difference.

rabbit123 Thu 02-Jul-15 11:07:31

Just a heads up, using "speed perfect" (or quick washes on other brands) cuts out a rinse. If you have any kind of skin sensitivity, use both the extra rinse and quick options together and this will do the full 3 rinses but still at half the time

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Thu 02-Jul-15 19:34:00

Thanks, rabbit I didn't know that. We don't have skin issues, so it's not a problem for us but might be for others.

Firsttimer7259 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:03:06

Many thanks for this, ordered a Bosch fairly cheap with the same-ish specs as we have now. The reviews and noiose info indicates it will be nice and quiet. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now