Talk

Advanced search

How to get nail varnish out of carpet!

(8 Posts)
Lagoonablue Tue 30-Jun-15 06:32:34

Help spilt pink nail varnish on a cream, loopy carpet. Stupidly rubbed it and now rubbed in. Of course had no remover handy and though I will try that today, any other suggestions? Will nail varnish remover remove it?

cozietoesie Tue 30-Jun-15 09:27:04

Luckily for me, I've never done that but I'm guessing it's your only option depending on just how you've managed to rub it in/spread it/the depth of colour etc. You could get through a heck of a lot of acetone/kitchen towel though so I'd keep the window open while you're working.

Have you considered a small rug to cover it? wink

bigTillyMint Tue 30-Jun-15 09:29:55

I did this a while back. Sympathies. Luckily mine was dark pinky-red on purple-grey carpet as I couldn't get it all out - still a feint spray of it where it went everywhere. I rubbed with nail varnish remover and kitchen towel.

Ems1812 Tue 30-Jun-15 09:30:41

I had this problem the other day with bright red varnish on a cream carpet! I sprayed hairspray directly on to it, scrubbed with a damp cloth. Took a while but did come out! Just keep adding more hairspray if it's particularly stubborn

PiggyPlumPie Tue 30-Jun-15 09:33:35

Ooh I've done this one - takes time but removed green nail varnish from a cream carpet.

You need a nailbrush, hairspray, and water. Wet the stain and spray liberally with hairspray. Gently scrub with the nail brush, try not to spread the stain. Repeat and repeat loads. Keep on wetting and spraying and scrubbing.

You need a lot of patience but it will work.

bigTillyMint Tue 30-Jun-15 09:36:58

I wish I'd known about the hairspray (not that we have any in the house!) - will remember that tip!

cozietoesie Tue 30-Jun-15 09:43:30

Ah - a nailbrush. Good thinking there.

Lagoonablue Tue 30-Jun-15 21:26:15

Thanks will try hairspray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now