Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Low light plant for downstairs loo

(6 Posts)
DirtyThree Sun 28-Jun-15 09:41:27

I have a shelf in my downstairs loo crying out for a little plant. I'm not very green fingered so am looking for your suggestions please!!

There is a small south facing window but but the shelf itself isn't in direct sunlight.

I love the look of succulents but no idea really what I'm talking about.

Can you buy plants online??

cozietoesie Sun 28-Jun-15 11:27:38

You can buy them online - but if you have low light conditions and aren't green-fingered, have you thought about buying some decent quality silk flowers? You can buy very good ones these days and they're arguably much more attractive than a neglected but real succulent. (A friend of my mother's had superb succulents but then she had an old greenhouse that she used for them - they being mostly desert plants so generally needing heat and light to really thrive. Most of those I've seen inside ordinary houses just look....tired and dusty.)

cozietoesie Sun 28-Jun-15 11:33:44

Actually, I've just had a look on ebay and you can buy absolutely loads of artificial succulents there - they're mostly from the US but that's no biggie. The postage looked reasonable on most of them and I buy from the States all the time. It's very easy.

PolterGoose Sun 28-Jun-15 12:54:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Sun 28-Jun-15 12:56:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DirtyThree Mon 29-Jun-15 00:15:55

Great tips! I'll go have a look on eBay now! Thank you flowerswink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now