Talk

Advanced search

Sunday cleaning thread anyone?

(157 Posts)
afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 08:11:07

Anyone fancy sharing motivation and lists?

Just finished my first cuppa and about to make a start

First up -

Last night's pots and breakfast pots

afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 08:59:37

Pots done!

Next up strip dc1s bed and put on another wash load

Lj8893 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:12:30

Oooo me, we get married on sat so will be away from fri-the following sat so I want to leave the house in a spotless condition.

Today's list:
washing up
Hoovering downstairs
Cleaning downstairs toilet

Do was on his stag do last night and is currently snoring on the sofa so I'm not feeling very motivated and will let him sleep it off a bit before I start hoovering!

YaTalkinToMe Sun 28-Jun-15 09:16:57

Yes this is just what I need.

Off to spray and bleach bathroom, and get living room together (hoover, dust and put the stowaways in the right place), also put on load of washing and fold dry load.

felttippens Sun 28-Jun-15 09:19:00

Me! When I drag myself to get up!

afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 09:19:39

Yay thought I'd be talking to myself all day!

YaTalkinToMe Sun 28-Jun-15 09:48:24

Lj8893
Congratulations, hope all goes well for you!

As well as the tasks I set myself, have also hoovered hallway/porch and bottom half of stairs, dishwasher on.

Now having a nice creamy coffee, and going to put some nail strengthener, before setting my next set of tasks.

MrsHathaway Sun 28-Jun-15 10:03:25

LJ how exciting! All the best!

I need to tidy before I can clean. The perpetrators are out at football hmm

It was pfb's birthday party yesterday so there's party stuff all over the place variously waiting to be washed or put back under the stairs or in the attic.

DH's suitcase is on the floor in the dining room. He got back a week ago.

So:
Tidy
Get DH to put stuff in attic
Hoover stairs and landing
Hoover upstairs
Hoover downstairs
Bathroom
Kitchen
Empty out the car, which resembles a bin
Hoover car

felttippens Sun 28-Jun-15 10:39:06

Breakfast done
Dishes washed
Bathroom cleaned
Kids sent to tidy rooms

pieinthesky123 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:40:34

Can i join in. I did a fair bit Friday night and yesterday already. However I have been taking advantage of the recent good weather to dry my washing and now have 4 baskets of ironing awaiting me. [blush ]I have to do it as next week is forecast a heatwave and I hate ironing in the heat.

Not everything needs ironing some are pj's and towels I am hoping anyway. Tried to shake as it came out of machine, put less in machine and lower the spin speed and still everything looks crunched up. Hey ho.

Congratulations on your wedding by the way.

Lonelylass1218 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:43:25

I need to clean my mattress as lo was sick on it a few days ago and I just give it a quick scrubs as we were in and out of hospital and the carpets sad

afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 10:45:53

Bed stripped and washer on

First load is in the dryer

Next on the list

Sort the clean washing out and the basket of doom
Clear tat off the stairs

YaTalkinToMe Sun 28-Jun-15 11:14:28

Nails now dry.

Off to finish bathroom, top half of stairs and hallway, put away clothes.

Lj8893 Sun 28-Jun-15 11:20:03

Thankyou smile

So far I haven't done much, dp is now awake, well his eyes are open anyway!

Once dad goes down for her nap I will get started!

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Sun 28-Jun-15 11:28:09

Oh yes please I'm in!

Just making breakfast staring depressingly at the utter tip my flat has got into over the past few weeks, been ill and long work shifts. Not one corner is tidy/clean, plates everywhere, kitchen is a state, and haven't hoovered since last weekend, I have a dog and a cat so it's a bit musty overall.

Going to make myself do 1 room, then walk dog, then do rest. The place WILL be sparkling by dinner time.

Well done to those several hours ahead of me!

afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 11:36:19

Well I have taken the seat off my toilet

Yuck

afreshstartplease Sun 28-Jun-15 11:49:52

Basket sorted
Tat off stairs
Toilet seat removed and put to soak
Toilet scrubbed
Bathroom floor bleached

smile

YaTalkinToMe Sun 28-Jun-15 12:24:08

Did such a thorough clean of bathroom even cleaned all paint work on walls only because I did not notice for a few seconds shower had escaped and was spraying water all over the place

Bedroom, kitchen and conservatory left, if I can be arsed after some lunch.

Edenviolet Sun 28-Jun-15 12:27:00

I'm de cluttering all the bedrooms today starting with mine. Have a bag for charity shop already and have put a lot of bits in the loft for storage.

Still have loads to do but finding dc1 memory box has thrown me a bit and I've been sitting in the corner of the room with a cup of tea and a box of tissues having a good cry.
When I've pulled myself together I will crack on as have to organise all dcs clothes drawers too

pieinthesky123 Sun 28-Jun-15 12:27:28

I just delegated some tasks to dh and dc. So hoovering, Sunday lunch making, kitchen tidying and dog walking can be ticked off oh and the taxiing of small dc to a party has been done by dh. I feel a bit lazy now just ironing while watching catch up TV blush but I am sure more jobs will pop up and I can do them.

HarryLimeFoxtrot Sun 28-Jun-15 12:29:17

Yes - I could do with some help to stay motivated.

Number 1 priority today is sorting out the spare bedroom (my parents arrive on Friday).

I also need to crack on with the laundry.

VixxFace Sun 28-Jun-15 12:49:21

Cleaned skirting boards, light switches, window sills and doors
polished front room, bedroom and hallway
cleaned bathroom (sink, toilet, bath and ledges)
Washed sofa
Put washing away
Cleaned kitchen
hoovered and mopped all rooms

Now lying on the sofa depleted.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Sun 28-Jun-15 13:39:07

Good effort Vixx. Um, how do you wash a sofa?

I've tidied bedroom and bathroom, stripped bed, put on first load of laundry. Straightened up front room. Dog walk unfortunately rain is stopping play right now... not that she seems bothered glares at snoozing heap of dog in corner.

Need to blitz kitchen and then vacuum everywhere. Getting sidetracked by the idea of reorganising drawers and things though.

Edenviolet Sun 28-Jun-15 22:21:26

I managed to get my room done and half of dcs rooms. Still have a lot of clutter but the bins were full so couldn't throw anything else away and I have a couple of bin bags for the charity shop and a bag of things to try and sell.

Everywhere still looks a bit of a muddle but at least I know I've actually got a lot done.
Dh is planning on getting up early to sort the kitchen out as we had a few hours 'lost' in ooh with dd2 unwell

pieinthesky123 Mon 29-Jun-15 00:18:30

Well done hedgehog on getting a lot done. Hoping your dd is on the mend that's far more important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now