Talk

Advanced search

ikeas Isunda grey sofa covers - have you washed yours?

(5 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Wed 24-Jun-15 12:15:36

We have a Karlstad sofa with Isunda grey covers here which are supposed to be dry clean only but I am wondering if I could chance washing them?

Just wondering if anyone else had tried?

Suddengeekgirl Thu 25-Jun-15 18:48:46

No idea as I don't own one, but I want one, probably an ektorp sofa though. smile

How is the fabric? Is it really pale IRL/ shows the marks left by dcs?

TheHouseofMirth Sat 27-Jun-15 19:27:06

We've had ours just over 2 years and it's only just starting to look a little grubby in places and that's with 2 DSs and a less than clean DH. I'm really hapy with it. Just would prefer not to pay £££s to have all the covers cleaned. I may experiment on some of the scatter cushion covers.

FanjoBean Sat 04-Jul-15 20:56:51

I have an IKEA sofa, not the same one, with removable covers and I've washed them about a dozen times. Last time the zip broke on one of the scatter cushion covers but generally the only problem I've had is that it made the rest of the sofa look filthy!

bookwormbeagle Sat 04-Jul-15 21:08:51

I've got that sofa and had to wash the covers recently due to a child vomit incident - chickened out of the washing machine though and had them dry cleaned. They came up like new, although a bit of a squeeze to get cushions back in. Think I made the right choice as am sure they would shrink more in the wm.

If you do decide to chance it in the wm, can you update with the results please? so I can get the other side the same colour hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now