How should I store special baby clothes?

(3 Posts)
dontcryitsonlyajoke Mon 15-Jun-15 14:20:34

DC3 is about to turn 1, and I've taken the plunge at sorting all the baby clothes out as there will be no DC4 (which makes be both smile and hmm)

I'm being remarkably clear-headed about this but m definitely saving a few truly precious clothes which I could never bin, charity shop or pass on - first things they wore, outfits they came home from hospital in, cute babygro they all wore, a few hand knits etc.

How can I store these to keep them in good condition? I want to be able to keep them safe so I can get them out, stroke them sentimentally and sob quietly into them whenever my DCs have a birthday, pass their GCSEs, graduate, get married etc.

What do I need to do to preserve them?

specialsubject Wed 17-Jun-15 18:38:56

you could get them packed in the same way as wedding dresses are.

or you could arrange them prettily,take photos and either keep the photos, frame them or do what you will do in ten years and bin them. The clothes can go to children who need them.

brutal, aren't I? wink

bostonbaby Fri 19-Jun-15 10:12:12

I have seen teddies made from sentimental items of clothing. Like patchwork style. They are gorgeous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now