Talk

Advanced search

Table top dishwasher - is it worth it ?

(6 Posts)
Myfoofneedspruning Mon 15-Jun-15 12:02:41

I can't it anymore, all I do is washing dishes. We dint have space for a normal size dish washer but we can have a table top one so is it worth it ? Thank you !

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 15-Jun-15 12:12:32

My experience of one isn't good as it wasn't big enough. I would use paper plates if things were that bad OPwink

PigletJohn Mon 15-Jun-15 14:18:00

they are very popular with people moving to small retirement flats. The Bosch ones work fine but are noisier than the big ones. You will generally have to do your pans in a separate load to your plates and cups as there will not be room for all together.

Be sure to have it properly plumbed in. It is possible to have it on a shelf or in a tower unit like an oven housing, but it must be very strong due to the weight, and below eye level

Buttercup27 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:23:56

We had a bosch table top one in a very small kitchen and loved it but I think you need to be realistic with your expectations.
We would dish up our food and stack the dish washer with cooking stuff (pots and pans etc) and wash it while we ate. Then empty and reload with plates and cups etc before bed.
A bit of a faff but if you hate washing up like me it's worth it.
Also when we moved to a bigger house we sold our table top dishwasher for a really good price and it was in high demand.

HelenF350 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:29:31

I had a tabletop dishwasher when I lived in a flat. Absolutely loved it. Had to put it on every day or so but it washed everything including pans. grin I actually think it did a better job than my full size one does now.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Jun-15 17:36:14

Could you lose a cupboard and fit a slimline one?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now