Talk

Advanced search

Carpet stains.Discovered a miracle so sharing

(8 Posts)
JessiePinkman Fri 12-Jun-15 18:50:45

Took the day off work today to 'clean round the edges' do all the deep cleaning stuff I never get round to. Anyway I've got a cream carpet on the stairs & upstairs & there are various mysterious stains.
I tried vanish at the time & even borrowed a mini carpet cleaner thing. the stair treads became awful over time I think.
Anyway, spray bottle 1/2 white vinegar 1/2 water. spray on stain
Place damp flannel over stain & iron for about 30 seconds.
Honestly shock I wish I had before & after pictures.
Apologies if this has been covered before, I found it on YouTube smile

gamerchick Fri 12-Jun-15 18:53:30

Oooh good idea. Right up there with the iron a brown paper bag on water marks on wood tables grin

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 12-Jun-15 18:57:39

I find the carpet cleaning mousse from Home Bargains does the same thing, but without the need to fanny about with an iron. At £2 a can that lasts for ages it's not much different in price.

JessiePinkman Fri 12-Jun-15 20:37:12

Yeah I guess I'm meaning if nothing else works harriet as I've already tried lots of things. Obviously if you already have a product that works this is not relevant grin

SurlyCue Fri 12-Jun-15 20:41:29

Thanks OP. Im going to try this. Also, i love Jesse Pinkman grin

abearcalledpaddington Tue 16-Jun-15 11:10:56

My dh tried this not long ago and it really does work!

Pumpeedo Tue 16-Jun-15 11:13:51

What sort of stain was it and is it a wool or man made carpet? I've got cream carpets. Going to give it a go!

MrsThomas8 Tue 16-Jun-15 13:22:01

Fantastic idea, youtube always coming in useful there. I recently brought an ottoman with stain repellant fabric from decur.co.uk so I needn't worry about stains there my carpet however isn't so safe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now