Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

John Lewis Classic stainless steel saucepan set - help needed!

(6 Posts)
runner2 Thu 11-Jun-15 09:44:52

I bought this set of 3 saucepans in a clearance sale at the end of April, for use with a new induction hob. I have only just had the hob installed and started using the pans, but after first use each one turned mottled and discoloured on the base inside. No amount of washing will remove the stains. The water in my area is extremely hard, and I'm wondering if this is the cause? John Lewis no longer sell this set but have offered to replace with an anodised set instead - but I like the stainless steel ones. Not sure what to do! Any advice, please? confused

Gozogozo Thu 11-Jun-15 19:50:43

A top of bicarb made into a paste with a little hot water & allowed to sit for 20 mins before scouring sorts mine out. (I assume you mean a kind of blue marble effect). I am also in a hard water area & sometimes get it after over boiling rice or pasta.

Gozogozo Thu 11-Jun-15 19:50:59

top = tsp

runner2 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:42:16

Funnily enough that is the very thing I tried earlier on today! It improved it a bit, but not enough to satisfy me really. Think John Lewis customer service is going to be put to the test on this one...

TealFanClub Thu 11-Jun-15 20:46:31

i have them

almost twenty years old.. No prob with discolour apart from the one where I almost burned the house down with spagbol

Fourarmsv2 Thu 11-Jun-15 22:33:53

My IKEA sensuelle pans are similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now