Talk

Advanced search

possibly hoovered up a necklace

(12 Posts)
bostonbaby Tue 09-Jun-15 21:36:34

Dds bridesmaid necklace was on the drawers, I moved it when I polished. I then hoovered. Couldn't find necklace that night! sad
It's a Hetty and I'm planning on looking for it in the pretty full bag tomorrow/Thursday
Any ideas how is best? I thought about emptying the bag into a bucket of water to swoosh around? Helllppp!!!!

wooldonor Tue 09-Jun-15 21:43:46

I have a Henry and check all my bags for accidentally hoovered up stuff before I put them in the bin. I always find something grin.

I put on rubber gloves and tear the bag open outside. The stuff will all be compacted inside so you can just pull it apart and see if there's anything in there. Transfer all the contents to a carrier bag or bin bag and throw it all away. It's actually quick and easy to do

I would definitely not use water, you'll get a total mess

bostonbaby Tue 09-Jun-15 21:55:52

Does the dust not go everywhere? That was why I had the water idea. I'm really hoping it's in there

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 09-Jun-15 22:05:39

Maybe a light spray with water from a plant spray, to keep dust down? At the risk of asking about something you've already done, you have moved the chest of drawers to check it hasn't fallen behind?

wooldonor Tue 09-Jun-15 22:15:44

It is a bit dusty which is why I do it outside but as long as it's not a windy day it's not too bad. In my Henry it's all packed together so not lots of loose dust iykwim

bostonbaby Wed 10-Jun-15 12:03:12

Booooo! Not in there sad
Found the answer to where all the hair grips go though!
I liked all around the drawers and couldn't see it but will pull everything out from under the bed layer and search every square inch. I'm gutted. I was convinced it was in there

wooldonor Wed 10-Jun-15 18:40:04

At least you've one place you can eliminate, if you hadn't looked you'd always have thought it might have been in there

bostonbaby Thu 11-Jun-15 00:21:01

I've found it!!
Not even thinking about it, I was washing all dds shoes which live in her wardrobe in another room. I do this job once a week. It was there just at the bottom of the wardrobe! No idea how it got there and very strange as it's been gone a while 6 months So how strange to find it just after I'd looked in Hetty!

wooldonor Thu 11-Jun-15 12:42:54

Good news, mystery solved grin

unlucky83 Sun 14-Jun-15 08:50:07

Wool so glad I'm not the only person that does that! I thought it was one of my oddities!!! (That i don't usually admit to) Mine's not a Hetty an old Vax Luna that only needs emptying every 6 months so always amazed what find!!!!

wooldonor Mon 15-Jun-15 22:23:58

Does everyone not do it unlucky83?

If they don't they certainly should grin

unlucky83 Tue 16-Jun-15 11:04:48

I agree people should check - but I don't know that they do ...it is something I have never mentioned to anyone that I do (I do it inside then the neighbours don't see me do it) cos I think it might be one of my 'weird' things...
I really really hate 'losing' things (hate looking more than anything) so I like knowing exactly what I have got rid of/thrown away... and I don't like leaving a trace that I've been somewhere...
Eg I dismantled my (flatpack) furniture when I left my parent's home, I have always left houses etc scrupulously clean -checked everywhere. On holiday I check the hotel room/caravan multiple times before leaving. I even secretly liked that my last two sofas were so knackered that they were only good for skipping so I could break them up to dump them and could check I hadn't lost anything in them (hadn't but did find a few quid in both grin ....but less nice moth larvae in the first one - yuck)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now