Talk

Advanced search

Trousers belts keep ripping - what kind of leather belts to buy?

(4 Posts)
hyperspacebug Tue 09-Jun-15 14:31:31

My husband has cheap trousers belts that keep ripping.

Clearly we do not know much about leathers! Other than 'bonded leather' is one to avoid))

What do you look for when choosing quality leather stuff?

Actually, it doesn't have to be leather as long as it is durable.

Any labels/brands to look for or to avoid?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 09-Jun-15 14:35:40

What does he do to them?!

The only belts I've had that have torn have been pleather ones, or leather that I've had for years. I don't spend huge amounts on my belts either.

DH favours the ones that are sewn together as opposed to bonded - M&S have a reasonably priced range, as do Debenhams and John Lewis etc. DH also prefers double sided ones with a reversible buckle (again, M&S or Debenhams or JL).

Avoid pleather ones.

PigletJohn Tue 09-Jun-15 17:23:33

I got several very sturdy, solid leather belts from a small business setting up a leather workshop and advertising on fleabay. As I recall they make them in whatever size you want. On ebay the trader's name was "leatherworld01".

I would say, avoid "lined" or coated or bonded belts. They have a thin film of leather but are mostly made of plastic and cardboard. I formerly used to get them from Debenhams, occasionally the big chains or supermarts, but they are nowhere near as good.

Is your DH working as an entertainer at hen nights? wink

PigletJohn Tue 09-Jun-15 22:55:16

I don't know how to look up an ebay user so I hope no-one minds if I attach this link.

I have no connection with them except as a satisfied customer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now