Talk

Advanced search

Council won't collect bin from my house - advice needed.

(13 Posts)
MargotMayhem Tue 09-Jun-15 12:18:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seeline Tue 09-Jun-15 12:22:23

Is it just because you are the 'first one in'? Perhaps they will be more willing when the road has more occupiers and all your bins are causing chaos in the main road

MargotMayhem Tue 09-Jun-15 12:47:09

spad Tue 09-Jun-15 13:41:39

Go to your MP and write to the council, recorded delivery.

Then write to whomever replies line manager, and keep doing that until you get them to lift your bins in the way that you pay for.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Jun-15 13:56:05

Have you contacted the developer at all? They won't be best pleased if they put effort into accommodating the refuse department and have still to complete on any houses in the new scheme. They're likely to have the contacts and be able to put additional pressure on.

Finola1step Tue 09-Jun-15 13:58:33

Yep, write to your developer and your MP. Keep contacting your council. Use email as this helps to keep a paper trail.

LineRunner Tue 09-Jun-15 13:59:13

What reason has the Council given?

Can you be specific.

slalomsuki Tue 09-Jun-15 14:02:43

I have to haul mine up a 45 degree angled hill every week for about 150m as there is no turning point where I live. One of the houses where we are has a 89 year old and they are expected to do the same but I get my 14 year old to do it.

Council were useless and said we had to carry on dragging our bins as they couldn't help. So every week I made a call for a special collection and complaint and now they have a smaller lorry that can drive down the road and reverse back up.... at great speed.

I told them I was going to deduct a % of the council tax if they didn't sort it but that had no effect. I would have minded but they also won't fix the street lighting where we are for similar reasons.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Jun-15 14:02:58

They'll likely have discovered that it will upset their already-arranged pick up schedules.

Tough. grin

By the way - it would be just glorious if you could find anything in the purchase documentation or emails which referred to pick up in the street.

Damnautocorrect Tue 09-Jun-15 14:03:58

Get on to your developer, when i was 'first in' on a new build they did it for the first few months (even though i was paying council tax). Lets face it, if your rubbish builds up its going to cause them problems selling their properties. .

DayLillie Tue 09-Jun-15 14:06:13

Contact our local councillor - probably better than the MP!

MargotMayhem Tue 09-Jun-15 17:52:48

cozietoesie Tue 09-Jun-15 18:05:21

Someone in the refuse department is fluffing because that's nonsense. Get on to the developer as people have recommended - and email your local councillor as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now