Talk

Advanced search

Tidying and De-clutter

(5 Posts)
hyacinth123 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:04:51

When I try to sort through my 'stuff' I get easily overwhelmed; cannot be objective about how to organise all the crap that builds up on surfaces. Any tips? My bedroom is the most difficult place. Its like all the bits and pieces are like unruly children shouting over my head. Its very distracting!!

woowoo22 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:45:01

Make your bed
Pile it ALL on your bed til bed is full
Put rest on floor at bottom of bed
Rest of room should now be totally bare/cupboards emptied etc
Sort through and everything you have ask do I love this and/or is it useful?
Have a black bag for the bin and a black bag for charity
Stuff goes in -
Black bag for bin
or
Black bag for charity
or
It's actual long term home. Ie the place it will always be. Don't pile crap up as the pile will still be there in a year's time.
Be ruthless
Do it all at once
Be ruthless

How much stuff do you have? If you run out of time, put the stuff into a lidded box and remember to go through it and keep going with your purging at closest avail opportunity.

Yep!

woowoo22 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:46:43

What kind of stuff are you going through?

cozietoesie Mon 08-Jun-15 20:44:18

For the longer term, have a look as well at how the stuff is building up - eg do you often buy clothes/makeup/jewellery etc that you don't really need?

Tidying and decluttering are great but they should be going along with not bringing in any new stuff - or any new stuff which isn't a replacement for something that's going out. There's less point in clearing everything if it's all only going to be replaced by you.

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 20:48:08

You need this book OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now