Talk

Advanced search

Yellow baby clothes

(9 Posts)
scrivette Sat 06-Jun-15 18:53:40

I have just brought down the baby clothes from the loft for DC2 who is due very shortly and most of them have yellow marks over them, particularly around the necks.

DS was quite a sicky baby so presume it's from that, although they were all washed before they were put away.

I really don't want to have to buy new white babygrows and so would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to remove the stains, or at least fade them a bit.

MrsHathaway Sat 06-Jun-15 18:59:47

Sunshine gets most of them. Quick rinse and spin overnight then on the line in the morning to sunbathe all day long.

scrivette Sun 07-Jun-15 09:08:29

Thank you. It's nice and sunny today so will try that.

ShootTheMoon Sun 07-Jun-15 09:14:35

We have just brought some out of storage and found the same - like you they did go away clean! I have done a fairly hot wash with bio and hung them out in the sunshine. I'll do another wash in non-bio before DC2 arrives. Sensitive & allergic skin in this family so I don't want any residue on the clothes to begin with smile

TheRoseAndTheFire Sun 07-Jun-15 09:17:45

I second putting them in the sun. Gets rid of all sorts of stains.

TheRoseAndTheFire Sun 07-Jun-15 09:18:53

If the stains are bad and it isn't windy, try spreading them on the grass. They'll get more direct sunlight than on the line.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 07-Jun-15 09:21:21

Sunshine is amazing. DS2 had some yellow stains of unknown origin on a white cotton shirt (not baby sick though, he's 22 grin) & after several washes in bio powder & then about 3 weeks on the line they did disappear & it was definitely the sunshine that did it.
It gets mildew out too!

scrivette Sun 07-Jun-15 20:21:39

A wash in bio and in the sunshine all day has got rid of all the stains. I am so pleased - thanks all.

MrsHathaway Mon 08-Jun-15 06:28:51

Hurrah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now