Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there something magic I can put on grouting to bring it back to life?

(13 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 05-Jun-15 09:42:34

Grubby grouting, not a good look. Any suggestions please?smile

Skeppers Fri 05-Jun-15 09:46:32

Placemarking and watching with interest. We have the same issue!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 05-Jun-15 14:13:02

BUMP grin

Sorelip Fri 05-Jun-15 14:18:28

I used a paste of bleach and bicarb of soda. Left it on overnight (against instructions, which said half an hour but my grouting was disgusting) and showered it off - white grout again.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 05-Jun-15 14:28:16

I have bleach and I have bicarbonate , thank you!! How much of each did you use?

Sorelip Fri 05-Jun-15 14:51:58

3/4 cup bicarb and 1/4 cup bleach (or just 1 part bleach 3 parts bicarb). I mixed the quantities up and bollocked up so had to add a tonne of bicarb.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 05-Jun-15 16:13:56

Ok thanks , will do it over night and report back tomorrowthanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 14-Jun-15 22:20:07

Thank you so much it worked a treat! Used an old toothbrush , it was barely any effort, only left it for half an hour, it even got rid of mouldy sealant thanks

ShatnersBassoon Sun 14-Jun-15 22:27:19

There's a brilliant spray you can get from Lakeland. You just leave it on for half an hour or so, no scrubbing, then rinse. It's just called Mould Spray, or something obvious like that.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 15-Jun-15 12:14:27

Is it HG spray? I have that but the bleach and bicarbonate did a better job, it was truly amazing!

BornToFolk Mon 15-Jun-15 12:17:12

Astonish Mould & Mildew Spray is amazing. And cheap! I think I got it in B&M for about �1. Like the Lakeland one, you just spray, leave and rinse. It does smell very strongly of bleach but gets the job done (better than the bleach and bicarb solution and less effot too, IMHO)

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Mon 15-Jun-15 12:22:25

You can also buy grout whitening pens.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 15-Jun-15 12:29:08

Squeezy - I tried them once, it was like painting Tippex on the grouting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now