Talk

Advanced search

truthfully...

(16 Posts)
missqwerty Tue 02-Jun-15 12:03:06

How clean and tidy are the insides of your kitchen cupboards? I'm clearing mine and cleaning them this afternoon, they are disgusting and bursting at the brim.

I've never looked inside anybody else's, but I'm rather ashamed of mine. Bread crumbs, sticky bits from jars of jam, grime!

HelenF350 Tue 02-Jun-15 12:11:14

Disgracefully messy. I am on maternity leave but due to spd can't face 'nesting'. House is a shambles and cupboards are the worst! blush

CremeEggThief Tue 02-Jun-15 13:33:43

Mine are tidy, but in need of a good wipe. I am moving out in 3 weeks, so it will be done then.

Iforgottotellyou Tue 02-Jun-15 13:39:44

Cleaner than my fridge grin
I do regularly clear out of date tubs/ packets from my cupboard and wipe the rings left by things like golden syrup.
I find packets of sugar the most annoying for residue.
I cleaned my fridge out recently, which hadn't been done in ages years and that was grim

treaclesoda Tue 02-Jun-15 13:42:43

If you'd asked this last week the answer would have been, er, a bit messy. But at the weekend I tidied my larder, cleaned the shelves, threw out everything that was past its best and then rearranged it all so that it looks worthy of Pinterest.

So the answer is, of course ' Very tidy. It's just the way I like them' wink

selly24 Tue 02-Jun-15 15:40:02

Keep packets of sugar inside zip lock bags to save cleaning up a trail of stray sugar!

QuiteQuietly Tue 02-Jun-15 16:09:27

I now decant sugar, flour etc. into plastic boxes. Less spillage and more stackable. I am gradually sorting the kitchen out cupboard by cupboard and the ones that I've organised stay much cleaner. The untouched ones are a fiesta of sticky marks and crumbs.

worldgonecrazy Tue 02-Jun-15 16:13:33

Clean, but that's only because I have a cleaner to do the rest of the cleaning so I don't mind doing those sorts of jobs occasionally.

gamerchick Tue 02-Jun-15 16:15:10

Pretty good.

The only cupboards I can say are a disgrace are under the sink and the pan cupboard which both are at leg level and I don't have the back for it atm. The other 6 cupboards are organised and clean though.

SurlyCue Tue 02-Jun-15 16:23:23

Cleaning cupboard (under sink) is spotless and ordered because i did it a few weeks ago.

Food cupboard is crumby but easily sorted with a swish of a cloth

Pots/pan/appliance cupboard is greasy blush i have no idea why. It is on my list to sort soon...ish.

fussychica Tue 02-Jun-15 19:00:28

Spotless but it's a pretty new kitchen! However, I do intend to keep it that way.

thelittlebooktroll Tue 02-Jun-15 19:02:02

disgustingsad

mumtoblaire Tue 02-Jun-15 19:27:46

Some are better than others. Those that are used most are the most clean due to them being emptied more often. Those that store stuff - not food are not good.

Will probably do them one at a time each night this week, now that I have taken a closer lookblush

FlyingGoose Tue 02-Jun-15 19:44:58

Every time i look in them i think i really need to get that done, but i have my first exam in years coming up and two year old twins...i just don't have the energy. I am definitely doing them next week when the monkeys are at nursery.

lighteningirl Sat 06-Jun-15 20:30:50

I keep open packets in Tupperware and rest bottles of things like soy sauce resting on small Tupperware it really helps to keep shelves clean. Hardest cupboard is baking trays that gets greasy but I blame dh he washes those up (badly it seems). Dh also put a rod up in the undersink cupboard so I can hang all the sprays up that helped loads Have just finished my new kitchen so as of today everything is spotless but so far no rod ��

ShebaQueen Sat 06-Jun-15 20:43:48

I have one cupboard which ends up as a dumping ground for all sorts and it's a disgrace! Others not too bad at the moment but must admit I hate clearing them out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now