Talk

Advanced search

Never ending...

(12 Posts)
stargirl1701 Mon 01-Jun-15 20:52:14

I have spent 2 hours today trying to tidy and de-clutter. It doesn't look any different. Grrr! A never ending battle with STUFF!!!

cozietoesie Mon 01-Jun-15 22:17:06

Hah! What did you actually do with it all, though? Was anything consigned for the bin or for donation or did you just stir things around?

smile

PoorNeglectedBike Mon 01-Jun-15 22:18:11

2 hours? I've been doing it for two years and I'm still no closer to achieving ...well...anything

stargirl1701 Mon 01-Jun-15 22:20:06

I threw one bag out - rubbish & recycling, one bag is for donation tomorrow and a half bag of stuff to sell. You just wouldn't know looking angry Grrr!

cozietoesie Mon 01-Jun-15 22:24:42

I think you could always start taking some photos if you have a phone or a camera that will do it. There's a thing that you adjust to space and clear surfaces so that you can't remember what they were like before. (Other people would notice if they came in to the house after a time away.) The difference should really start to show in pics after the next blitz.

Good luck. smile

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 02-Jun-15 08:02:11

What do you think this morning?

I always think things look better the next day, when you've stepped away for a bit.

I feel your pain though. It just never ends!

stargirl1701 Wed 03-Jun-15 15:59:28

I think I just see more problem areas rather than focus on the area done. It just feels like an ongoing war. I feel like we are drowning in stuff since we had children.

LetThereBeCupcakes Thu 04-Jun-15 11:25:12

Don't lose heart. Keep at it, little and often. You WILL get there. I know how you feel.

cozietoesie Thu 04-Jun-15 19:15:34

...I think I just see more problem areas rather than focus on the area done...

Yes, that's sometimes the way of it - but don't lose heart as LetThereBe said. You will have made a difference.

smile

stargirl1701 Thu 04-Jun-15 19:46:00

Thank you grin Gotta stay positive!

Orange6358 Thu 04-Jun-15 19:48:19

Have you tried the Marie kondo method?

lighteningirl Sat 06-Jun-15 20:37:10

One cupboard/drawer/surface every day then keep the done ones done as you progress iykwim that's how I got from mayhem to my happy place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now