Talk

Advanced search

Asda non bio powder

(3 Posts)
Missingsleepandthecat Sun 31-May-15 14:08:55

Hi everyone
In a bid to try and save some money, I've been getting Asda non bio powder for DS2's washing, Ecover's gone up in price and his skin is very clear compared to when we first gave him a box of Ecover to try, anyway, DS2 does his own laundry and is picky with how much he puts in, he did a load of towels on a 60 deg wash with less than half a scoop of the detergent, I came downstairs to find the washer was half full of suds, DS2 was quite shocked as well!
is it just us or is Asda's own non bio really soapy??
He did try Sainsbury's own non bio with no ill effects but he found the smell really sickly, like a fake version of fairy iyswim
TIA

YesThisIsMe Sun 31-May-15 19:02:34

Do you normally do 60 degree washes? If you've been doing a load of 30 degree washes for weeks on end then you might have a build up of undissolved goop that the hot water has flushed out.

Missingsleepandthecat Sun 31-May-15 20:14:02

Normally he does towels on a 90*c wash, on a whole for when I wash everyone elses towels I use a 90 as well. Is it possible that his towels need a strip wash?
Tried the powder with clothes today and no issue so we're both a bit confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now